Brakemotive Brake Set with Red Calipers

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I installed 2 sets of Brakemotive rotors and pads on my M35x and found them to be a great improvement over the OEM brakes and they looked much better and stopped better on wet roads with the drilled and slotted rotors. Now having a Q70 I was taking a look at their site tonight to see what pricing is like now days and was surprised to see that they now sell a set with red powder coated calipers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Red ... rk:14:pf:0

Has anyone tried installing a set of the brakes with their red calipers? I'm guessing that they would brake/feel the same. I would like to see how they look on one of our cars.

UPDATE - I went back and noted that these are only for cars with the sport brakes. Not sure what modifications it would take to install sport brakes on a non-sport car. I would imagine you would need a new bracket for the calipers since the rotor is larger.

Thanks,
Kerry

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Good to see that they are powder coated and not just painted...

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

Great deal but I think there is an issue with this ad.

Why would you want to take your 4 piston calipers and change them for these. They are 2 pistons in the front and one in the rear, this would be a downgrade in my opinion. I didn't check the rotor size, sport fronts are 355mm/350mm rears.

It would be great for cars with standard brakes.

Andy

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

The picture says it may not represent what you'll actually get. Those are the standard-style calipers depicted.

Damn. I'd love a blue painted caliper kit from them for my M37x. Would look sharp on black.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

There is another, in my opinion, better way to get a great look for your calipers. It's called MGP Caliper covers. They are larger than the actual calipers so they 'look' like sport brakes, completely powder coated, are available in tons of colors, and actually reduce brake dust and heat. I have had these since about 2012 and they still look perfect. No fading, no chipping. They are T6 aluminum (not plastic stick-on covers). You can order them with no fake bolts and no engraving.
Infiniti is about the ONLY company they don't have in stock - Infiniti will not allow their logo to be engraved at outside sources (no surprise there) so you you buy plain covers and add high temp caliper stickers.
I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY OR PAID BY MGP. Just sharing in a slightly pusshy way, LOL.

The company (I recommend buying direct). You can cal in your order if you like. https://www.calipercovers.com/
Installation: https://www.calipercovers.com/installation
Get your stickers here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-Brake ... :rk:4:pf:0

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

Thank you Larz - I agree that those look much better than the standard oem brakes - even if the OEM calipers are painted in a glossy color. I find it interesting that Infiniti is so protective of their logo - did not know that. It also explains some of the lack of aftermarket products for our cars. You mentioned the high temperature stickers - how do they hold up to all of the cleaning chemicals that we bombard our cars with? If you could do it all over again, would you use the stickers or not?

Larz

My stickers have been on those covers for years despite wheel cleaners, road grime, and the wear and tear of driving. My car has driven in snow and road salt whilst traveling in the northern states with no ill effects. Yes, I would use stickers again. I really want Infiniti to be more generous with licensing to aftermarket companies so MGP could engrave the logo, but you can't actually see the sticker edges - they just look painted.
MGP says that if you send them a design they will create a template and engrave the covers, but I also believe they will charge you for that service. They probably won't do the actual Infiniti logo or emblem, but they would probably do "M37, M56, Q70", etc. I can't be bothered to pay them to create a custom logo when the stickers work so well.

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

I checked out the MGP site tonight and if you do a custom order they have 6 different Infiniti engravings to choose from, including M37 or M56 and you can choose any color for the caliper covers and another color for the engraving. Thanks for the lead!

Larz

WOW! I'm glad to hear that! Back when I bought mine, that wasn't available. Thanks for letting us know!

Johnny Means
Car: m56x

Caliper covers are the padded bras of the automotive field world.

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Johnny Means wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 am
Caliper covers are the padded bras of the automotive field world.
:rotfl

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”