"BRAKE" warning lamp and "Check Brake lights"warning lamp acting strange

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Z32RyanM
Car: 1995 Nissan 300zx VG30DE

Ive been working on my N/A 5 speed Manual 1995 Nissan 300zx and the whole time ive had it the BRAKE Warning light and the reverse high beam light have been on. Ive tried The following to get them to go out.

Disconnecting the brake fluid level sensor, bridging the conector then leaving it open. ive tested the E brake switch in accessories mode and it works. Its worth mentioning that I was looking for continuity in the level sensor wires and I found that The positive wire was not connected. (But if the circut is open shouldnt the light go out??)

so thats that first problem but in the videos attachted you well see a coralation between the rear light warning lamp and the BRAKE warning lamp.

With the rear lights warning light(Red reversed High beam warning lamp) , iall of the lights with the proper after-market bulbs(maybe I should get factory OEM??) , made sure the third brake light had the proper bulbs with the right resistance and everything, none of them are burnt out and they all function properly including the reverse lights and the rear side markers.

Now for the confusing part. When I Down shift and the car is engine braking both lights go off and stay off till I get back on the throttle (this makes me think it has something to do with a vaccume issue) also they blink for a split second when i get on the throttle but return to solid right after. ive checked the vaccume lines and all are fine I just finished a plenum pull because I had to replace my knock sensor so I decided to replace all my vaccume lines while I was at it.

Id really appricieate any feedback you can give me regarding these problems Like I said ill leave a link to a youtube video showing the issue in action.
(https://youtu.be/g9KlYtjQdQ0)

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

The brake fluid sensor would close the circuit under normal operation so if the circuit is broken that's part of your problem.

Z32RyanM
Car: 1995 Nissan 300zx VG30DE

Turns out I had a few fuses out 😂 thanks for the reply and I’ve learned always check your fuses!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”