brake swap, drums to disks "need help/advice"

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
littletrucklove
Car: 1972 datsun 620 pick-up

id like to upgrade the breaks on my 1972 from drum to eather full disks or at lest front disks,just want to know what the best route of geting this done would be, and if id have to do full axle swaps, and if so from what.

i just got the truck this week and the breaks will be my first project. dont have much experience with old trucks so any input would be great.

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

littletrucklove wrote:id like to upgrade the breaks on my 1972 from drum to eather full disks or at lest front disks,just want to know what the best route of geting this done would be, and if id have to do full axle swaps, and if so from what.

i just got the truck this week and the breaks will be my first project. dont have much experience with old trucks so any input would be great.
Welcome to the forum!

Be sure to use the search function, that swap has been done before so I am sure you will find some info.

Look into the 78 620...I think they are the first year to come with front disc brakes. You will be replacing the front suspension parts....not just the rotors and such.

Return to “Datsun 620”