Brake Pull To The Left? 95 Pathfinder

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
samurai dawns

Hey Pathfinders

Need some help. When I push on the brakes my vehicle pulls to the left. Now this might be hard to believe but this was all the work that has been done on 95 Pathfinder 4x4 XE

On Both Sides Rotors, Brake Pads, Calipers, Brake Hoses, Brake Flush, Inner and Outer Tie Rods, Upper and Lower Ball Joints, On the Left side CV AXLE, Shock, Tires where rotated, Front Wheels Alignment and it still pulls to the left. It does make a creaking noise when I turn my steering wheel to the left at low speed. Can it be the sway bar bushings? I cannot figure this out and its mystifying me. Any ideas Pathfinders?

EdBwoy

Was the pulling-during-braking the main driver behind the brake work, or did the whole fiasco start AFTER the brake work?

If your steering wheel is straight while you drive straight, then I suspect the pull is due to only the left front brake working. Did the worker mention anything about a seized caliper or bracket on the right side?
If the steering wheel is crooked while going straight or stopping, then you either need a new alignment or have developed a new defect in your new parts. It wouldn't be surprising for components to be damaged in the process of installation.
-Check for leaks around the brakes and maybe have a partner brake while you try to turn the wheel by hand with the vehicle in the air.

Below, I'll copy some pointers I shared on how to test for faulty brakes based on temperature. The infrared thermometer isn't a necessity, but is a huge risk mitigation tool against burning yourself.
EdBwoy wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm
So, do you have new pads, rotors or tires?
Have you checked or serviced the calipers to make sure the brakes are all engaging normally?
This test doesn't have to be an all-out disassembly of the car. [You strike me like the kind of guy that has an infrared thermometer handy, lol. Everyone should, really]
  • After a good straight line run, brake normally and pull into a parking lot etc (a distance that doesn't allow the brakes to cool down).
  • Go around the car checking the rotor/hub temperatures
  • Aim for the non-reflective parts of the rotor - like the center, and compare numbers.
  • You should have approx the same readings on the left and right side.
    The front rotors will be approx 20 degrees F hotter.
  • That varies, but in general front>rear, left=right as pertains to temperature.
  • If one of them is too cold or too hot, then progress to the disassembly stage of troubleshooting because that one isn't working well.

samurai dawns

Apologize for such late response. Everything that you had explained, was done. I just recently just replied the tension rod bushing as well on both the right and left side and still have the same issue. It now has a memory or torque steer problem. And now it pulls to the right instead of the left after all that work. I just called a 4x4 shop and they said sometimes alignment shops due what is recommended according to their machine instead of the specific measurements according to dealer specs. Will let you know what happens after the visit to the 4x4 shop. All of that money on parts and labor and still know solution. And all I did was asked to add rotors calipers and brake pads. :/

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”