brake pressure issue 3. 5 altima

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
solar07
Car: 03 3.5 altima
14 2.5 altima

Hello all,

I have been over at the nissan club forever and finally made a jump to niCo.

I will try to keep this short but will need some detail. I have an 03 3.5 altima. Just just rolled 150k. I was having issues with sticking rear calipers after multiple attempts to replace the slide pins and such. I needed new rotors and pads anyway so I sprang for powerstops daily driver kit with rotors pads and rebuilt calipers. All are now new.

After the install I began to bleed the brakes. I was not getting a single drop of fluid from the rear right caliper and very little from the front left. The front right and rear left are pushing fluid out fine. I even pulled the brake line from the caliper and no fluid from their either.

I let the car sit for the night then came out and drove it up and down the drive way and got a little petal pressure back but not much. I jacked the car up for another bleed and now Im getting a little fluid out of the rear right and front left but still not as it should. Maybe a table spoon slowly.

The other odd thing, when I'm bleeding the front right or rear left which are bleeding fine the brake pedal pumps up nice and hard. When bleeding the rear right or front left, as soon as I Crack that bleeder then tighten, the pedal will not return to pumping up firm until I go to another wheel or let it sit.

I'm at a loss. Master cylinder? I pray it's not the abs pump.

Shaded05
Car: 2005 altima 2.5S

Is the bleeder valve at top or bottom of caliper as it is mounted, just put the z26 kit on my 05 with no issues.

solar07
Car: 03 3.5 altima
14 2.5 altima

Bleeder valves are all on top. I have noticed that these bleeders are a lot different than the factory ones. They stick out a lot further but I think they are working fine.

Did you install crush 2 as hers on both sides of the brake line banjo?
Some of my car must have been missing one or two but I put one crush washer on each side of the banjo which is how I believe it's supoo see to be.

So when you bled your lines you had just has much fluid coming from the rear pass wheel as the rear drivers wheel per say?

Shaded05
Car: 2005 altima 2.5S

I don't recall about the washers right off but bleeding abs equipped car you should always start with passenger side rear wheel , then driver rear. Then passenger front and driver front. Fluid was steady on all wheels and was a smooth quick release anything else and you may have an issue and I would say washer could cause this if misplaced.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”