brake pedal thump(clunk ) sounds when released

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
JESCHWARTZ
Car: NISSAN VERSA

I have a new 2015 Versa SV sedan, and now have around 1800 miles. Started noticing, what I hope are normal noises, coming from the brake pedal(or arm that's attached ). It may have been happening from day 1- not sure, but started noticing it a couple hundred miles ago - when the weather here got colder(well, cold for Los Angeles). Noises are only after a full stop- not when just touching pedal while driving ,to slow down.
When I first start out in the morning, I'll hear a few quiet creaks and thumps (clunks) as I'm pulling out of parking space in garage and out of driveway- both when pressing and releasing pedal.
Then while driving, only hear sounds after full stop at a light or stop sign as pedal is released. Usually a quiet clunk(thump), but sometimes a little louder. No sound when pressing pedal to stop.
Then when park car and turn off engine, and release brake, the thump(clunk) sound a little louder.
I think I only started paying attention to this after the weather turned unusually cold for Los Angeles, and I heard the clunk(thump) a couple of times when starting out after the car was parked a little while outside. I know there's some kind of normal noise from the ABS self test when the car is first started, so that may explain some of this.
But what about the rest.
I haven't seen anything on this forum- but did find what may be similar discussions on other car brand forums- where this all sounds normal for those cars.
I hesistate to call the dealership, because after they took air out of my tires- the car is riding so much better, I don't want them to mess that up !!
Thanks !

JESCHWARTZ

:slap: Anybody else have these sounds below from brake pedal ?

AJVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Clicking brakes are usually caused by loose pads. But your car is new. I'd swing by the dealership and have them drive it.
Customer service is there job. You paid for it.

JESCHWARTZ

Thanks- but it's not clicking.

Return to “Versa General Chat”