Brake Pads

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
drewsrblacktop
Car: s13 sr20det blacktop

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the tech form or not
but

What brake pads do you guys run... and how satisfied are you with the braking power/ stopping distance.
Was thinking about getting ebc greens. But read some bad reviews, now I'm considering just going with some durlast golds. Might go with some hawk pads though because I feel like I shouldn't cheap out on brakes.
Btw I have drilled slotted rotors that I'm just gonna get turned. :wavey:

s13 sr20det black top gtx28 turbo probably around 230whp

ca18det_boy

Hawk HP+ or Project Mu HC+ is my tea

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

So, I'll hit mountain roads every Friday night and while my inputs have smoothed out over the years, I still brake hard when I want/ need to, so I base most of my opinion on stopping power and brake fade resistance. I can't comment on noise or dusting... Well, I guess noise wise I could. I'm also a penny pincher who puts on lots of miles, so I don't just up and buy the most expensive stuff. That said, I swore by Axxis Ultimate Ceramic pads until I couldn't find them for sale anymore. No squealing with those. I've since tried and stuck with Stoptech Street Performance pads and am very happy with them. On rare occasion 1-2% I'll have a little bit of brake squeal, but it goes away and I haven't figured out if it's the cold morning after a hard night drive or not. Mostly, 98-99% there's no sound. No brake fade with either of those pad setups.

drewsrblacktop
Car: s13 sr20det blacktop

Thanks guys I appreciate the input. Im about to buy an angle kit and new wheels! So Stoptechs price is very tempting. :poke:

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”