Brake pads

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
MesaZ
Car: 2005 350Z Enthusiast

Whats up everyone, Im looking to replace my brake pads and need some help on deciding which ones to get. Ive been looking at the Ferodo DS2500 pads and the Hawk HPS pads. Does anyone have any experience with these? Pros and Cons with them? Or recommend any other ones? Im looking to spend no more than 200 for the front and back. I have a 2005 enthusiast (non brembo) and use it as a daily driver with limited track use, but would still like some pads that have better performance than the OEM ones that are on there.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Every brake pad is a compromise between dusting, braking power, longevity, and temperature.

My Hawks dust a bit and dont like to brake when cold.But they break hard, seem to help fade resistance, and last long.

Others may prefer a faster biting pad when its cold tho.but I like my current balance.In the interest of disclosure my car was part sponsored by Hawk.

zcardad
Car: 2009 Nismo 370Z - Brillant Silver - # 0067

I used Hawk HPS on both my 05 and 07 350s and loved their performance on the street (including spirted cruises), autocross, and track days. Also liked the low noise and low dust (which my wheels thanked me for). don't remember if what I paid but check with conceptzperformance.com for a good deal.

LAUGHITUP85
Car: 03 Nissan 350Z

I used the Hawk HPS and loved them!! i didnt really have a break dust problem and the was practically now squeaking! I recommend them!!

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”