Brake pad replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jokerstone
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Hi all

im from toronto Canada and own a 2015 Nissan Rogue. I took it into the dealer for an oil change and a free brake inspection promotion they were running. They said that I have 2mm left on the rears (need replacing) and 4.5mm left on the fronts.

Is this normal for 65000 kms

I will be replacing but definitely not at the dealer at a $800 pricetag. Any suggestions for great aftermarket replacements

ill be getting them from rockauto

thanks!

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

I love Rockauto, but before you purchase your brake parts you might check these guys:

https://maxbrakes.com/

I purchased front/rear pads and rotors for my 2013 Rogue and they were a great value ($109 US). Plus they're in Canada. :)

If you need how-to videos for brakes on your Rogue there are some in this forum that are worth a look.

Paul

Sigster

Thanks for a great link, and not only for Canadians !

"By ordering online from MaxBrakes.com, not only will you be able to buy at huge discounts, deliveries are fast with shipping and tracking services provided by UPS.
Further more, all orders are shipped free to the 48 contiguous United States without any sales tax."

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

:dblthumb:
Sigster wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 pm
Thanks for a great link, and not only for Canadians !

"By ordering online from MaxBrakes.com, not only will you be able to buy at huge discounts, deliveries are fast with shipping and tracking services provided by UPS.
Further more, all orders are shipped free to the 48 contiguous United States without any sales tax."
:dblthumb:

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

jokerstone wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:28 pm
Hi all

im from toronto Canada and own a 2015 Nissan Rogue. I took it into the dealer for an oil change and a free brake inspection promotion they were running. They said that I have 2mm left on the rears (need replacing) and 4.5mm left on the fronts.

Is this normal for 65000 kms

I will be replacing but definitely not at the dealer at a $800 pricetag. Any suggestions for great aftermarket replacements

ill be getting them from rockauto

thanks!
Just stumbled on this thread, but holy MF cow! That's hella expensive for rear brakes! I replaced my rear brake pads @ 51k miles, for $223. That's including rear rotors being resurfaced and the dealer using the lower cost Nissan parts (aftermarket brand equivalent), labor, taxes, and fees. And at 65k kms, that is way too early for rear brake pads to go that low, since its equivalent to 40k miles.

drummerguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

After getting some work done garage recommends I replace front brakepads (service advisor said they are about 3.5 mm ) rotors and service the calipers $. Also remove rear brake pads and calipers and clean $$.....replace brake fluid $$$(which is only 8 months old). At under 45,000 km it looks like all that coasting to red lights and stop signs did not pay off. Anyhow I thought to cut costs I would have the brake fluid changed at my next oil change instead. Is there any reason it would need to be done during this brake work and cleaning or can i leave it for another 4 months.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Unless you're a racer who boils the fluid, humidity is the only thing that kills it, so time matters much more than mileage. With the short summers and generally-low winter humidity in Canada, I'm sure you won't need a flush much before 3 years of use, whatever mileage that might represent. At 8 months old the notion that it could possibly need a flush is ridiculous. It would be ridiculous even in Florida, no less Ontario.

drummerguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Thanks for that Vstar650CL..

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy motoring!

Return to “Rogue Forum”