Brake lights/electrical issues

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SUNNY94
Car: Nissan Sunny 1.4 L (16v twin cam)

Hi There,

I have a brilliant Nissan Sunny 1.4L (twin cam 16v), it's been great to own and drive. Currently has 143,000 miles on the clock and still going strong. At it's most recent test it had better emissions that most new cars, engine still sweet as a nut. Only thing thats letting me down about it now is the electrics.

It's a bit standard in comparisson to what some of yous have, but would appreciate any light you can shed on it!

Fuse is good. Bulbs are good. Connections are good at light cluster.Brake lights no work.Rest of lighting (dash, front, reverse, interiors) all working.

Recently, the car stopped starting and after AA promounced it dead, we got it started and then worked out that a wire had died between the fuel pump and the fuse board and did a direct wire between the tow to solve it temporarily.

So may have answered my own question - the wires maybe getting to that age where they just start corroding. But was wondering whether anyone has a short answer?? Thanx

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”