Brake light on with everything brake related being ok-SOLVED

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Just a few pointers in the case that you have a brake light coming on with all your brakes and brake fluid levels ok. This happened to me, It does not have to be your case, but if it helps someone I will just throw it out there.

Initially there was a VDC/slip/brake all at the same time. I was going to change rotors and brakes already and though this was the problem, but no. After measuring found that the cable coming from the brake fluid sensor was grounding somewhere. I basically went connector by connector measuring and the E115/E114 junction came as the most possible culprit. Problem is this junction is very hard to reach and would have to actually remove the whole dashboard to get to access to it. After measuring everything else and making sure there was no other points grounding, I bypassed the problem area and directly connected the brake sensor to both the VDC and parking brake sensor. Both the VDC module and the parking brake sensor goes to the E115 junction, so if you get it to be grounding in that area it might lead you to believe you have a bad VDC module or a bad display. Now everything is working fine. Hope it helps someone. :bigthumb:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Great info! Thanks. :dblthumb:

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”