BRAKE light comes on and also VDC and Slip Indicator Light

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
nvielbig
Car: 2010 G37x

Hi All,
This is my first time on this forum, so please let me know if this belongs into a different forum section.

I drive a 2010 G37x Sedan. Mileage is 68,000.

My situation is that when I accelerate at a moderate pace (nothing crazy here) the word BRAKE lights up in red in my instrument cluster. Once I let off the gas, the BRAKE light turns off... however, about 20% of the time, two warning lights turn on: VDC light and, Slip Indicator Light and remain on until the car is turned off. It doesn't seem like either of these systems are actually off as the warning lights generally indicate.

I checked the owner's manual it says that generally the BRAKE light comes on when your brake fluid isn't at the right level. I checked that and it is at the right level.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? I can take it into the dealer eventually, but I'd like to try and figure out what is going on prior to that to try and not have them steal all of my money.

Thanks for your help!
Nick

arrow23
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe
Stillen Gen 3 CAI, HFC's and Gnd Kit
ARK Grip CAT Back
Hotchkiss Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Kit
GT Spec FSTB
Uprev Tune
20 mm Wheel Spacers
Stillen Front Lip Spoiler

I experienced this at about 57,000 miles.
I added a bit of Fluid and it went away.
I am pretty sure it was due to the pads being worn, thus a bit more travel (and fluid ) required.
Just enough to cause the same as you are experiencing to happen.
I would try to add a bit of fluid and see if it goes away.
I would also check the Pads to see if they need replacing.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

If fluid is low and there are no leaks, than it's time for new pads.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”