Brake fuse keeps popping as soon as i hit the brakes

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
5spdcontained
Car: 1990 240sx SOHC

Hi, I bought a 95 Nissan Altima SE 5spd with a duel cam ka. The car came with a sub and amp, but the guy took the sub so I could buy it at a cheaper price. So it only has a amp with speakers hooked up right now. IT has LED illuminating lights for the license plate and 3rd rear brake light. Wiring isn't the best but everything worked fine before I bought the car. But to my main point, I replaced the brake bulbs and brake fuse and everytime I hit the brakes, the fuse pops, but when I put it in, it doesn't so its when I hit the brake pedal. I had a short in the left headlight, I fixed that hoping that was the problem but its not and now the headlights work fine, but the brake keeps popping fuses. Trying to be detailed as possible because im hoping to fix this soon because I drive home in the dark every day. Please any ideas, or recommendations help. Thanks. :confused: :wtf2:

5spdcontained

nvrm, figured out the problem.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Interesting and I'm glad you fixed it. So what was it? A short maybe?

5spdcontained

yeah, a short in the 3rd aftermarket brake light in the trunk. The guy wired it and grounded it to the main harness which explains it all. lol

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”