Brake Freeze Up?

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
eo145
Car: 2007 G35X

Hi all,

Fairly new to NICO after having just purchased a 2007 G35X. This is my 5th Infiniti.

I live in New Jersey and as you know we have been receiving quite a bit of snow and messy wet weather.

The other day I took car out very early in morning when snow and ice were bad and before roads were plowed. Wanted to see how all wheel drive performed aftere having owned two Audi's with Quattro. The Nissan system performed beautifully.

After driving car I put it back in garage where it sat for a day and was not used. Garage is NOT heated.

The following day I went to use car and after I put it in reverse while backing out of garage, it would not move. Emergency brake was off and everything else was operating normally.

I then gave it a little more gas and off I went and with no further problems. It has now been a few days and no problems.

It seemed to me that moisture or ice had gotten on rotor or caliper and had caused vehicle to not move when in gear.

Do any of you have any ideas? I have car for about one month and service records from Infiniti and their own inspection found vehicle to be in outstanding condition and brakes were excellent.

Is this something that needs to be checked out by dealer, or do you think it was a one time thing caused by ice and moisture accumulation?

Thanks in advance. Great group!

Ed

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Fortunatley, my snow experience can be summed up in two steps:

1) rush to store to buy milk and bread before snow2) stay home 'til the damn stuff melts!

That said, I think I'd just keep an eye on it... sounds like your ice theory is a good one.

Heath

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Salty ice slush can play havoc with the emergency brake drums.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”