Brake fluid flush without wheel removal

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Hello folks,

Today, I tried to change the oil of my 2006 Sentra 1.8L. After trying an hour with a boat load of liquid wrench, I could not get oil drain plug move by even a milimeter. Finally, I gave up. I will be taking the car to the local mechanic for an oil change and ask him to install oil drain valve so that future oil changes can be done easily.

That said, I had plans of bleeding the brakes. Now that I know the trouble, I am not too sure if I will be able to remove the wheels. I wonder if it is possible to bleed brake fluid without wheel removal. I tried to look for the valve but I couldn't see it on the rear side of the wheel. It looks like it is in the front where the front axle blocks the access (i.e. not easily accessible) And I don't know if that valve is also equally tight.

Two questions,
- Is it possible to bleed without wheel removal? Is there any technique using which I can access those valves?
- If I just replace fluid in the master cylinder (like half-a** job), how many times do I need to change that fluid over the period of 6 months or so to get the effect close to bleeding the brakes?

Thanks in advance.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

You need to pull the wheels off. Additionally, if you're doing this on your own you're going to something like the Motive Power Bleeder. If you don't want to shell out for one you're going to need to have someone in the car to depress the brake pedal to force fluid through the lines while you loosen & tighten the bleed valve to get the air out of the lines.

Don't half-a** it and just repeatedly drain & replace the fluid in the MC. I shouldn't be, but I'm continually amazed by the number of drivers I see that cheap out on tires and components of their brake system. Don't turn yourself into a statistic to save a little time & money.

crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Thank you.

To be honest, I don't like to do half-a** job. I am a rookie in working on the car myself. I tried changing oil last weekend and couldn't remove the drain plug. That made me wonder if I will be able to open brake bleeding valve and noticing that it is a fragile component. I certainly do not want to break it. If I break it, I don't know how to remove that broken piece. Hence the question.

I am going to get a couple of friends to help me. All of us rookie, so hope we manage to do the job.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”