Brake/Caliper Fitment

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Dsuriani
Car: 2007 350Z

I have a 2007 350Z Enthusiast Roadster with stock calipers & rotors.
I am interested in upgrading to Brembo.
I've come across a set of Brembo calipers and rotors off a 2004 G35 that appear to be in good condition.
From my research here it appears that they will fit my car but I just want to make sure that I won't have any issues.
From my research it appears that I will have to trim the rear dust shields.

Can anyone confirm that these will fit my car?

Is there anything else I need to be concerned with?

Thank You
dsuriani is online now Report Post

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Wow, you are a lurker! Been on here almost three years and this is your first post! Guess I'll skip my "welcome to NICO" bit. :)

They will fit your car and you will need to trim the dust shields. I recommend getting a caliper rebuild kit and making everything as close to new as possible before mounting up to your car. If you've got the funds and the patience you might even consider getting them re-powdercoated. There is a great How-To on rebuilding a Brembo gold over on NASIOC, you can find it here.

You'll need different lines for the Brembo calipers than the ones that you currently have, if it were me I'd just go ahead and get some new steel braided lines for all calipers. If you already have steel lines you might just want to contact whoever made your brake lines and see if you can get banjo bolts for the lines to work with the Brembo calipers.

You will also need new caliper bolts (4) for the rear calipers, the Nissan part number is 08041-2351A.

Have you already got some new rotors and pads picked out? What are you planning on using?

Dsuriani
Car: 2007 350Z

Yea. I've done some "simple" stuff that just required some research;
Heated leather seats
Alpine touchscreen head unit, amp, speakers, sub
K&N air filters
Borla exhaust
Volk 19" TE37SL's
Michelin Pilot Sports

Although those are by no means inexpensive mods this will be my most ambitious project and I would appreciate any advice you would be willing to give.

All brake components are currently stock and I want to do this correctly.
I checked out the rebuild post and will definitely be doing that.
-Where do I get the Brembo caliper rebuild kits?
-I'd like to do the steel braided lines. What do you suggest? Where do I get them?
-And rotors? What do you suggest?

Any other advise or suggestions you would be willing to offer would be greatly appreciated.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

We can get the caliper rebuild seal kit and hardware kit. We also carry, lines, rotors and pads.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”