bpu mods + nos

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
S14Zilvia
Car: '90 300ZXTT, '92 S13 coupe, '06 Ram 3500 Mega, '93 del Sol Si

I've got a 96 240 with 77k miles.

I'd like to start doing some mods, but I am also trying to decide whether to stay ka or go sr20.

I know the sr20 will ultimately be faster for me, but a hassle to, plus I have a low mileage motor and it would be a shame to waste it.

My question is, with bpu mods (intake, exhaust, pulley, MAYBE headers) what will a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous get me?

I'd like to run 13.99 or better... if I saved my money and did the sr I could probably get into 12's.

What is the best sized shot to run on the KA? Bigger shot is supposedly only better if you can handle it and tune it right... is 100 too big? (I have my TTZ fuel pump so that's no big deal).

Also, am I looking at reliability issues with a 100 shot versus a 75/50 versus no nos? How detrimental would a large enough shot to get me 13's be? Should I just do the swap and not waste my time?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

a good intake, exhaust and headers would be recomended with any nitrous system.

a 50 shot should get you well into the 14's. add pulleys, flywheel, clutch, and you sohuld run in the 13's.to run over 75, I would recomend tuning it, maybe getting a shop to redo your ECU to the nitrous specs.-chet

bp2ooo

I have a 1995 with exhaust, cold air intake, and plugs and wires, with a top gun direct port 100 shot. The best time i have seen is 13.9 but with no traction at all. Another problem is the car is automatic. But i have my manual trans sitting in the garage and am swaping it this winter. Then i will need some drag radials. Right now i cant spray till 3rd gear, and on an auto bogging off the line, and 2nd gear is pretty slow. I sometimes break the tires loose in third though, but with lsd it hooks up pretty nice. I am pretty confident that when i get the manual trans in i will be running mid to low 13's. I have a buddy with a 02 wrx that runs 13.4-13.6 consistant, and i can beat him rolling from 3rd up to 100 no problem. everyone i have talked to says 100 is the most you can go on a 240 without doing fuel work. I did alot of reaserch before spraying on my car. If you spray more than 100 the stock fuel system will start to cut out. But i am also using a direct port system, 100 on a wet shot should be fine still, but if you are gonna be using a dry system i would suggest probably a 50-65 shot.Ps when you get nitrous if you get it invest the extra 100 bucks, and get a bottle heater. Consistant pressure is very important, one of the best 100 dollars i have spent.

1991240xs

I know nothing of nos...what is direct port..wet...dry?...what's bad about them..which one should I use if I eventually do it(prolly not going to..just would like to understand all this 'naaawwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzz' talk :)

Xero

Direct port: 4 Nitrous Nozzles on each of the intake runners instead of 1 nozzle before the throttle body

Wet: Injects fuel with the Nitrous to properly atomize the nitrous/fuel mixture

Dry: Injects just nitrous, instead of a mixture

Since your beginning, I don't know what to really tell you, I've heard people say that Wet is the best way to go for beginners, but I personnaly think that a lower shot of dry is just as safe, as long as you get the right kit.

I would suggest the ZEX kit, due to the fact that it's affordable and won't inject the nitrous until full-throttle. I am going to run the JWT ECU tune/Nitrous kit. Since it's available, it's just easier to do it that way because I want the ECU tune anyway.

I don't suggest going over a 75-shot, but I personnaly won't go over 65-70. Anything over 75, and your engine will say goodbye after a few runs. it can take 100 with out blowing up, but it's gonna put so much stress on the engine, that everythings gonna need replaced when you limp into your driveway.

Just get a simple 65-shot.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”