Bovee / tune2air 1000 Bluetooth in 2014 Rogue Select (i.e. USB-based iPod integration)?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lamelchi
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Rogue Select (i.e. S35 generation) that is very bare bones but is great for what I need. Despite being the most base model possible, it amazingly has a backup camera which was a must for me, and the only thing it lacks that truly bothers me in my day to day driving is the lack of bluetooth streaming audio. It's equipped with hands-free bluetooth for phone calls etc., but in terms of streaming media I'm limited to the USB iPod system. The system is actually pretty great in that it'll show me track info / album art on the screen (even in apps like Spotify) and I can use the steering wheel controls. That said, it still bothers me ever so slightly that I have to use the cord instead of being able to use the system completely wirelessly (my prior vehicle, a 2013 Ford Focus could do this beautifully).

Thus, I scoured the internet to find an after-market bluetooth solution that checked all of my boxes:

1. Maintain display info / steering wheel controls
2. No visible cords / everything contained to the center console so it can be hidden (my aux input is located on the dash, USB and cigarette outlet are in the center console)

I landed on the Bovee/Visseo/tune2air 1000, which from my research sounded like the only option that was designed specifically to maintain all of the functionality I currently have through USB. As I understand it, this device functions by "tricking" the car's integrated "iPod" system into thinking the bluetooth dongle/device is an iPod itself. Here's the problem: this device is really designed to work with cars that have a 30-pin cord based iPod system, not a USB-based system. Still, it seemed to me like this device should still work for my vehicle as long as I bought a USB-to-30 pin cord (basically an old iPhone charger). I did my do-diligence and checked directly with the company to ask if should work, and they verified that from their experience, it should (so long as I bought the appropriate accompanying tools to make sure the device would get enough power).

Low and behold, I was able to successfully power the device and establish a connection to my phone. However, my Rogue iPod system will not recognize the device -- the screen will give me the typical "No iPod"/"Check Device"/"No USB" message that I get when nothing is plugged in or I unplug my iPod from its direct connection. I cannot for the life of me find anyone online talking about how to get this device (or ones like it) work with the USB-based iPod systems. It's mind-blowing to me that the device works brilliantly for the older, more outdated 30-pin iPod systems, but not the newer more advanced USB-based systems.

Anyone out there with a USB-based system successfully use the Bovee (or another device that does the same thing)?

Thanks in advance,
Lauren

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Bumping this to see if there's any responses.

Return to “Rogue Forum”