bought my first 1911!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

picked up this beauty from my gf's grandma. it belonged to her late son and she was going to pawn it before we decided to buy it to keep it in the family. it's well used and smooth as butter without being loose. one shot was all it took for me to really fall in love with this gun, even though it's just a nothing-special armscor built Charles Daly.

it came with 2 8-rd mags and a 10-rd extended floor, a nice case and a couple dozen rounds of hollow points. the holster broke the first time i tried to put it on my belt, the loop was plastic and had become brittle from sitting for so long.

from what i understand, there are a lot of interchangeable parts and accessories but the only thing i plan on doing is keeping it maintained and making some home-made grips from some 100-something year old oak i have sitting around.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I heart 1911s. More pics and range report.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

range? how about backwoods shooting at wild pigs that may or may not be there?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

love the trigger. and i think its special to keep it in the family. good score mate!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I have a similar pistol. Now before you get excited, while there's a lot of aftermarket parts for the 1911 and the armscor is a milspec pistol, they're not exactly interchangeable. Most require to be handcuffed as they're built slightly oversees for just this purpose.

Parts that say drop in, well, you might get lucky and they actually do just drop in.

Get good mags for it and read up on the design and what it takes to keep them running.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”