Bought 1999 Maxima Tonight , Huge Puddle of Gas On Ground

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
adventuredude
Car: 1999 Maxima , 1998 Maxima

I like the 4th gen maxima 's and found one with a decent body and interior at a price I couldn't refuse . I towed it home honestly thinking worst case scenario engine swap . After pouring a gallon of antifreeze into the radiator and overflow and jumpstarting it , decided to take a quick ride. It ran rough and huge clouds of smoke behind it. The car finally down down the street from my house . Symptoms of running out of gas while trying to restart and gas gauge went from half to below E. Got a ride to my house and huge puddle of fuel where I started it. Haven't gotten to check anything yet except pulled back seat and unscrewed fuel pump cover . This seemed fine , it was dark out so called it a night .Where should I look for the gas leak , I'm actually hoping injector is stuck open which explains the smoke ?

adventuredude
Car: 1999 Maxima , 1998 Maxima

But when I initially revved it up with the hood up , using the under hood throttle control I didnt see any gas comming oit anywhere. This is the white faced gauge se with rear spoiler and sunroof. Will be a lucky car buff if this is something inexpensive to fix and the car actually runs decent at some point.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”