Bose stereo system in 2003 Infiniti M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
potatohead
Car: M45

Have 03 M45 w/Bose System, not that impressed is their something I'm not adjusting , set bass treble, balance etc. radio does'nt sound like it's coming in, in Stereo. CD's sound good if you adjust each one.Ken

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Try turning off Centre point if your car is equiped with it;Its under the settings for audio...tk

potatohead
Car: M45

Thanks but not equiped only thing I see is Noise Compensation.Ken

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I cant help then, I have the 14 Speaker Bose system and it sounds okay, I'm not that impressed with standard radio or CD, but the DVD A is where it works well; Centre Pointe when on makes the radio and CD sound a little odd and like its lacking in some sound depth;

If you have the base system, its likly hats the best your going to get, unless someone when this system can help you. I'm not sure that too many people didnt get the upgraded audio so it may be hard to find someone that has worked with your system;

The noise comp is not going to effect your sound quality so Its likly not the cause of your concern.

I woudl also suggest that if no one here can help you, thata trip back to the dealer to have to review the system would be a good idea.

Anyways, thats all the help I can offer you;

tk

jshattner

Note that he's talking about an '03 M45...

tkeskic

Ahh.. making sense now...I guess I cant be of any help for the older version as this is my first Infiniti...Sorry...tk

M_is_for_Monster
Car: 2006 M45 Obsidian Sport

I'm on my 4th Infiniti, currently an '06 M45 Sport w/ the Premium Bose system. I must say that it sounds better than either of the Bose set up's that were in either of my G35's. When I got my first G35 I returned the car to service over n over complaining of vibrations in the rear deck and within the speaker enclosures. They never quite got that right, and I hated it till the day I traded it. My current system had to be returned because the speaker grilles kept falling off the front seat mounted 3 inchers. That problem was solved after the 3rd attempt but now the left driver seat speaker reverberates at high volumes and is driving me insane. That all being said, NOTHING sounded as good as the Bose system in my original '96 I30t, it was the loudest and clearest Bose to date. As a company I think Bose really has seen it's day. I would never buy their proprietary components for my home systems. They do nitsche markets well, such as the Wave Radio or Noise cancelling headphones but they are no longer leaders in serious audio. I would like to see Infiniti venture into the esoteric realm such as Lexus' Mark Levinson system on future models. The bummer is that since the Bose system is integrated into the dash system in a way that makes it extremely difficult to exchange the heads. Infiniti are you listening??????????

jshattner

"they are no longer leaders in serious audio"

Never were, never will be. Their "schtick" was always gimmicks and never pure sound. Even in the small speaker space they never matched Henry Kloss, the originator. That being said, the 5.1 setup in the M isn't terrible.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

jshattner wrote:"they are no longer leaders in serious audio"

Never were, never will be. Their "schtick" was always gimmicks and never pure sound.
As a home audiophile, I have to agree inre Bose. The Bose systems in the Infiniti's have been decent, never spectacular!
jshattner wrote:That being said, the 5.1 setup in the M isn't terrible.
Good.

Z

Frankie29
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

HEY GUYS I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM, I HAVE AN 06 DIAMOND GRAPHITE WITH BOURBON INTERIOR M35, LOVE IT BUT I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD UPGRADE THE CURRENT 6 SPEAKER STEREO SYSTEM IN MY CAR AND IF SO WHAT SET-UP AND BRAND SHOULD I GO WITH...ALSO CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT SIZE SPEAKERS ARE IN MY CAR ???

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hi and welcome to NICO.

I will answer your question as best as I can in your other post. One request, please: please do not use uppercase in all the words in your posts. It is considered SHOUTING in our forum!

Thanks,

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”