BOSE Spec

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Wookie87

I am looking for the specs on the BOSE system in my 2018 Armada with the 12 speaker system.

I am looking to add an aftermarket amp to the BOSE speakers to add a little more power, since I am adding 2 x 10" subs in the back. I dont feel that the BOSE system is providing enough power to the speakers and that they could take a little more power to really make them sound amazing. Otherwise I am going to have to replace all the speakers...which i really dont want to have to do.

Going to use a LC6 for both amps to run the BOSE and subs.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm
From the Bose website:
Q. Can I get a list of technical specifications?
A. No, because our custom-engineered, complete system solutions largely supersede conventional audio measurements. Even some basic building blocks have been redefined—including amplifiers, speakers and equalizers. But most importantly, our integrated systems deliver results significantly different from those of conventional systems with individual, unmatched components. With a Bose automotive sound system, the location and design of the speakers can be much more important factors in determining output than a wattage power rating. The bottom line? The best way to test a Bose system's sound quality is to use your ears, not a list of specifications.

Hmm, Smoke and mirrors comes to mind. :bs:

Wookie87

Rogue One wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 am
Rogue One wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm
From the Bose website:
Q. Can I get a list of technical specifications?
A. No, because our custom-engineered, complete system solutions largely supersede conventional audio measurements. Even some basic building blocks have been redefined—including amplifiers, speakers and equalizers. But most importantly, our integrated systems deliver results significantly different from those of conventional systems with individual, unmatched components. With a Bose automotive sound system, the location and design of the speakers can be much more important factors in determining output than a wattage power rating. The bottom line? The best way to test a Bose system's sound quality is to use your ears, not a list of specifications.

Hmm, Smoke and mirrors comes to mind. :bs:
No kidding! Well looks like I might have to just hook it up and see what happens....going to order replacement speakers as a backup :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Wookie87

So I just got the Spec's from BOSE. Looks like its time to upgrade!!

Hello,

I hope this information is helpful to you.

BassBox Enclosure - 5.25" speaker .5 ohms - 100 watts

Center speaker 2.5" 4 ohms - 18 watts

Front doors - 6.5" 2 ohm + 2.5" 4 ohms - 37 watts per side

Rear Doors - 6.5" 2 ohm + 1.5" 4 ohms - 37 watts per side

Rear of vehicle - 3.25" 4 ohms - 18 watts each

Total system wattage is ~302 watts.

Patty

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”