Bored...Crazy idea 3S-GE

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

I'm sitting here searching the internet and I found a Toyota Altezza rs200 front clip with a 3S-GE. I was looking at the engine and if you dont know its a 4 cyl. dual VVT-i n/a engine that produces around 210 hp. I've been planning on swapping an sr into my s14 later this year/early next year. I want to keep a 4 cyl. because next year I'm going to college so Im going to be driving alot and they get better gas mileage...usually. I've heard from a few people that if you want a really reliable engine then turbo may not be the best route, and this engine has the power I want without the need of forced induction. So I typed that long paragraph to ask the obvious question: How much fabrication would it take to get it installed on a 240. I searched and haven't seen any 3S swapped 240's, and I'd love to be a pioneer at something atleast one time in my life. It bolts directly into an is200 and that car came with a 2jzge so maybe I could get 2jz mounts for a 240? I'm going to read more into it tomorrow but I just wanted to get some input and opinions. thanks and goodnight

Return to “Hybrids”