boost issue w/ standalone?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
chillmieste
Car: 97 240sx KA-T

I got a really funky problem, im running aem ems series 2 with a manual boost controller. n e ways i decided to hook up my blitz dual sbc boost controller (got for free!!) to get a better boost response. so i hooked it up and damnnnn did i feel a difference with how much faster it reached full boost (14psi) and held strong w/o spikes. So adjusting the gain settings really helped me out. i drive to work boosting fine. On my way out im doing a second gear pull and about 5 psi my afrs go mega lean like i hit some sort of boost cut. And it does this over and over as soon as i get into boost. My fuel cut on my aem is set to 16psi, so i know i wasnt hitting that.......... rechecked everything (intercooler pipes, blah blah all checked out fine. I completely bypassed the boost controller still same problem....Now after not finding the problem i decide to drive the car home without goin into boost. About a min from my house im like lemme try it and boom its working perfect, boosting strong w/o the controller connected.I know the aem has boost comp settings so it adjusts the map with my boost level. my car was tuned at 14psi so using the boost controller didnt really raise anything. i messed with the gain settings only, but car worked great for 2 drive cycles. Is this really screwing with my maps? i just dont understand i hope someone can help explain.. Thanks

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”