Boost, ECU Re-flashing, Modded Exhaust, the Keuylian Supercharged Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
HollywoodJackson
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35
1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback
1990 Nissan 240SX Coupe

Hey,

I've found a source code on the internet that is supposedly what is needed to re-flash Nissan/Infiniti ECUs from the 2002-03 and other years. What I want to do is, simulate the boost from the screw type charger the Keuylian kit produced, and also flash my ECU with the proper edits for the tune.

I'm sure someone here knows how this is done. Does anyone know how much boost the Keuylian system was making? Does anyone have the flash, from an ECU with the Keuylian tune? What mods were done to the exhaust?

I have links for the source code. Would love to learn more about this topic.

All the best,
~HollywoodJackson~

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I don't think there was ever a boost tune made for that setup? I'm not sure how successful that whole project really was... At those boost levels, the stock tune and a RR FPR probably would do the trick and save you a lot of hassle.

HollywoodJackson
1990 Nissan 240SX Coupe

elwesso wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 pm
I don't think there was ever a boost tune made for that setup? I'm not sure how successful that whole project really was... At those boost levels, the stock tune and a RR FPR probably would do the trick and save you a lot of hassle.
I heard on this forum that it was making around 7 - 7.5 PSI. So with a pro-charger making around the same, the factory tune may work? That's good to know.

Now, I've never heard of RR FPR before, until now. Just Googled it. So I would need to use one of those to gradually increase the amount of fuel the system is using? How involved is setting one of those up?

This is starting to sound really easy :naughty:

All the best,
~HollywoodJackson~

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Lots of other folks use RR FPR"s. Next year I'm gonna be turboing an old BMW, and it's really common for them to use just a RR FPR to take care of fueling, and on a newer car like the Q45 with knock sensors it will do a pretty good job at adjusting timing on the fly. They work pretty well for low boost applications (say less than 10lbs), once you go higher you generally need better tuning than those can do. In fact, check out old posts by Sijoko, he used one of those on his turbo Q back in the day.. To my knowledge on his 1994 Q45 he used the stock ECU and a BEGI FMU (sometimes they're called FMU's but really they're rising rate fuel pressure regulators).

You'll still need a wideband o2 sensor to see your AFR's when you're on the dyno, but they're relatively easy to set up.

That would be where I would start, if it turns out it doesn't work you can always re-think your strategy, but they're relatively cheap and easy to install so if it doesn't work it's not a huge effort (compared to re-wiring for a standalone, which would probably be the ideal option).

I seem to remember some people that boosted FX45's, be interesting to see what they did for fuel/engine management. Would be basically the same story.

HollywoodJackson
1990 Nissan 240SX Coupe

Thanks for the info! I'll dig around more on the board to see what I can find regarding the FX45 setups!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”