Bomex kit..

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
SrSLeePeR

I was wondering what company makes Bomex copies..Now I'm the kind of guy who always wants high quality stuff...but for the kit, I think differently...I dont care if its a copy or not because no matter what, its going to need SOME modification to it so I figure I'm better off with buying a Bomex copy but I dont know who caries them and for how much...Thanks.BTW..its for an 89 240..

Oh yeah.whats the difference between the OEM 89 front bumper and the 91? I heard theyre different..Im new to the 240 world.but I'm trying..

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

The '89 and '90 front ends are sometimes, lovingly, known as the pig nose. They have the square front bumper with two black faux vents between the pop up headlights and use solid, square turn signal markers. The '91 to '94 front end is the smooth, rounded front end that hold the Nissan emblem with pride, and uses the tear drop shaped turn signal lenses. Any yes, i love my pig nose.:D As i understand, the two front bumpers are interchangeable, but you need to upgrade to the new bumpers turn signals.

I H8 UR DSM

I can tell you right now, from experience, and other peoples that copy's of body kits are not the way to go...yea, they do need modifications, but look ****ty, and sometimes even the mods cant make it fit...It will never be a real bomex, and it will never even look like a real bomex. I would not recommend anyone buying a copy of a body kit, they NEVER meet quality specifications, and everyone i konw has always been disapointed....dont go the cheap way, wait and save you will be much happier....Please Please dont guy a copy...

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Yeah, if you're gonna buy a body kit, get a good one. You don't want your car to be the ricer ugly body kit car. You would get attention for the wrong reason.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Bomex is good.. C-west i think is better.....

Daunttless

Unless the knockoff is done very specifically, like a RX-7 company who makes their own version of the Amemiya kit or something, its almost never quality. Someone who mass produces knockoffs ( aka VIS and such ) are usually not too good. I do know people who have been happy with the VIS kit, but only because it cost them like 800 dollars instead of 2000 dollars, and because they can do their own fiberglass molding. If you don't have that ability, and you expect the knockoff to be like Bomex, you are sorely mistaken. I'd say follow Jesses advice and just spend the extra money for the real Bomex, or a company that does very specific knockoffs for the 240SX, as their quality will be much higher, on par, or even better. : ) Course, I don't know any companies that do that yet. : ) Good Luck!

chrispy
Car: Rowing, wakeboarding ,being outdoors, nissans

that cwest kit looks awesome , so does the do luck

Daunttless

I"m partial to all of Do-Luck's kits except the Silvia S13 front bumper. : )

FrEaK

I haven't heard of Do-Luck hook me up with a link>?

Daunttless

FrEaK

LOL dont i feel silly now....

InstantRice

Yeah all the do lucks are pretty sexy except the silvia f bumper. The 180sx kits are tight though

SSal007
Car: Racing, music, drawing, and dancing

Return to “240sx General Discussion”