Body Stress From Stiffened Suspension

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

Hey guys, Im fairly new to the road racing style of life and i had some questions on body stresses.

I own a A31 Cefiro ( basically S13 chassis with S13 suspension parts ) and i did some upgrades recently.

I replaced my rear subframe bushings with Polyurethane and ALL the rear arms bushings with Teflon.
I left the stock shock and spring

in the front i changed all bushings to polyurethane and my front shock mounts are gone.

I was wondering if i changed my front shock mount to a solid mount, what can i expect in terms of stresses on the body? Cracking?

I have a front strut bar and stock shock and spring setup.

Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

ok i think what im asking is, who has extended periods of using coilovers on their S chassis and what is the long term effects on the Body? Any cracking tearing? seperating of wielded spots?

Especially for anyone who has used the coilovers in bumpy roads.

coupeshell
Car: 240sx coupe

The increase in rigidity won't be enough to cause anymore damage than what you have now. Also, if you start reinforcing the chassis with stitch welds, you're only transferring the stress down to the next weakest link. I would say run it and if you start developing cracks/tears in the sheet metal then repair it. Otherwise the suspension should do it's job.

95maxrider
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30, 1988 BMW 528e

I'm not sure if people make them for S13s, but the custom fender braces I had made for my car really helped make the chassis a lot stiffer, so if you're worried about that sort of thing then some extra bracing is never a bad thing! Does anyone make subframe connectors for the S13?

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”