Body repair

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
mbzguy
Car: 73 Z car, 74 620

Hi guys, new to this forum although I've been over at Z Car for years. Just picked up a 74 620 (been wanting one for a long time) for $100 off Craigslist. Had some mechanical issues I am working through, but I have some body issues I need help with. The front fenders are a lost cause, and I located some new ones at Rock Auto for $25 ea. Has anybody ever used these, are there any issues as far as fit, etc? The other issue is the holes in the bed. Does anybody have a source for replacement panels that I can weld in? The sides of the box are fine, just the bed. I plan to weld and then put in some kind of liner. Any recommendations? Mechanically it just had normal issues, oil leaks, starter, drive shaft. Got those fixed with left over Z car parts. The L 18 starts right up and purrs just fine. I'll post some pics later after I get started on body. Needs paint bad, so once I get the front going I might just pull off the whole body and do it right. Thanks for your help

Return to “Datsun 620”