body parts for the 320

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
straycat60

is anybody out there making replacement rocker panels for the 320 ? or any suggestions for replacing them? them and the bottoms of the fenders are the only rust i have. thanks, mike

Ohio L320

Nobody, that I have heard of makes body parts or rockers for the 320.  Everyone seems to be making their own.   If you follow along on Matti's build here on this site, you will get some great ideas, and inspiration.  I think he even has some measurements and dimesions you can use to have someone else bend the metal for the rockers if you're not up to it or don't have the equipment.   I actually, built my own using clamps, 2X4s and a hammer.  Came out pretty darn good too, but I was looking for a show winner either.  I just wanted metal in place of the rusted out rocker panels and lower fenders.  Sounds pretty much like yours.

Following this link -  It's here on this board.   By the way,  Matti refers to SILLS (it's what we call rocker panels in the US ).

http://www.olddatsunpickuplovers.com/forum23/193.html

Return to “Datsun 320”