Boarding Gear

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
notslow
Car: Nissan Sileighty

Hey boarders here, roomies birthday is coming up and he is starting to get big into snow boarding and wants to have some gear for the next season. I'm thinking about getting him some goggs and gloves or something. Need advice for what 'gnar' is rad. What are good brands? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Murdered_T
Car: 1979 280zx byach!

I have Spy optics with interchangable lenses, they are pretty rad. Their white with mirrored for day riding nad orange for low light.

http://www.spyoptic.com/category/98962/ALL

check it out man

srpowered240sx
Car: 90 240sx-sr, 92 F-150, 00 bmw 323ci, 1991 s13 coupe, 99 F250 Dsl

the-house.com has a lot of good stuff, and great deals.

dusred
Car: Previous Q45 owner, 09 Corolla, Ford F250 Diesel truck

Snowboarder here!

Burton probably has the best boards (it's personal preference I guess) and Boots. I have a Burton board that is about 8 years old and it is awesome! Columbia Brand is also real good as far keeping you warm .

Enjoy.

P.S. A butt pad might be in order if you are new into boarding. GL

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

http://www.theclickworldwide.com/ , electric, anon, oakley. All have very good lenses and the frames last. Grenade gloves tend to fall apart pretty quickly, check out Celtek gloves. Have any other questions about stuff feel free to ask, everyone has their own style at what they like. Depending on where you ride and what your ride.

is350mofo

Burton is OVER priced not worth it unless you like big name brands. One of the big ones out there is Rome they have AMAZING stuff i suggest you go to snowboard.colonies.com for infomation plus burton has different binding plates from every other plates which is pretty gay. For a decent set up your looking to spend at least 400 bucks or more.

Check for Skidazzel also they have a big snowboarding convention.. some cheap stuff.

shortmag
Car: 92 300zx n/a

dusred wrote:Snowboarder here! Columbia Brand is also real good as far keeping you warm .
in my exerience, they may be good to keep you warm, but not to keep you dry! most of the Columbia gear is not very waterproof. my g/f spent good money on columbia gear and was highly dissapointed. since she was new to boarding, whe spent a lot of time on the ground, and she was soaked literally within an hour.

we buy north face now.

SM

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

GOnissanTOM wrote:I have Spy optics with interchangable lenses, they are pretty rad. Their white with mirrored for day riding nad orange for low light.

http://www.spyoptic.com/category/98962/ALL

check it out man

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

You do realize that all burton binders come with 2 sets of base plates, except for the new est bindings but thats a whole other argument in its own.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”