I don't know about iPhone, but MANY Android people have reported this problem. Most recently it was happening with my Samsung Note 5.
Infiniti said they're getting a TON of support requests about it right now.
I can only say for sure that this will work with the Infiniti 2012 g37x with Nav.
NOTE - Be VERY careful - you can seriously f your system if you play around with these controls and hit the wrong button. If you follow my instructions, you'll be fine.
This will delete your Nav saved settings, music box, your phone contacts, Sirius saved channels, FM/AM saved channels, phone bluetooth connections, etc. It's basically a factory reset for the touchscreen.
- 1. Turn off audio in car (leave car running)
2. Hold down "setting" button and turn volume knob about 40 or so clicks.
3. A menu will pop up with two options. Choose the bottom one.
4. Look for the "initialize" option. Choose it. You'll see several warnings. Progress through those. When it starts do NOT turn off your car. This will take probably 3-5 minutes. Leave it running!
5. Wait a few min. You'll know it's done with the map pops up. Then you can hit "settings" again.
6. Set up bluetooth. I recommend connecting your phone as audio first, then going back as phone and connecting that way. Probably not necessary to do it that specific way.
7. Test it!
Good luck everyone!