Bluetooth streaming - 2015 QX60

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
jsb1968
Car: Infiniti QX60

Hello! Just picked up a 2015 QX60 yesterday. Great vehicle except ONE HUGE ANNOYANCE AND DEALBREAKER HAD I KNOWN ABOUT IT IN ADVANCE! I assumed (wrongly) that if a vehicle has Bluetooth for the phone, it would also be able to stream via Bluetooth. Boy was i wrong. I guess you have to have the Nav package or theatre option in order to get this that my old 2013 almost base model Chevy Equinox had.

So i went to Radio Shack got the audio cable to use with the phone and inputs in center console and (whoila) STATIC. If GA wasn't a non-return state i would have taken it back. But since a i messed upon this I am asking the folks on this forum if anyone has a good workaround for this problem. Has anyone replaced the OEM AV unit for the "streaming" one or found another after market or....

I am sooooo open to suggestions and love the rest of the SUV. It's a shame a vehicle with this sticker price doesn't have equipment that's standard on a $13K Kia Forte. I think this will also fix the lack of being able to download the phone book as well.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jeff from ATL

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Here's one suggestion.
Hey guys! I recently got my 2015 QX60 and also didn't know it comes without Bluetooth audio streaming. But BEST BUY is the best option. About $60. I've got 2 things.
1) 3.5mm Mini-to-RCA stereo Cable (Infiniti doesn't have AUX port, you need this adapter) .
2) IN-Car Audio Receiver (Griffin)
Everything fits in middle compartment, no wires!
This way You'll be able to listen your music via Bluetooth without getting static from FM transmitter (if you'll use one) and also use your phone.
Its really suuucks that luxury vehicle like Infiniti doesn't have audio streaming via Bluetooth.
Hope it helps! Did for me!
Attached Images

jsb1968

Thanks Rogue One. I have these on order from Amazon as Best Buy was out of stock in all stores in ATL. I'll report how well this works after i get it.

Jeff

jsb1968

Well i have some great news to report! This solutions works great!!!!! What a lifesaver. For less than $60, including all shipping an tax, and about 2 minutes of install time, including the programming of the Bluetooth to my phone, we have audio and YouTube streaming!!!!!

It works flawlessly every time. The Griffin item was sold out at Best Buy so i ordered from Amazon and got the higher quality cables for the RCA there too.

Special thanks to Rogue One and whoever originally posted this fix.

Jeff from ATL

Curt_Is
Car: QX 60

Hey All,
I bought the things that RogueOne suggested to get to play bluetooth audio through the phone and... it didn't work. My phone says it it connected for media audio, but nothing is coming through the speakers. What have I missed? Thanks for the help.

sev
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

does it have ipod intergration? if so you can get a bovee tune2air and plug it in and it'll do bluetooth streaming with full ipod integration

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”