Bluetooth setup and operation

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Razter
Car: Rogue SL AWD

The wife and I just picked up our new Rogue last Friday (Venom Red SL AWD) and love it, but having an issue with the Bluetooth setup.

First, the phone is listed on Nissan's approved list, and the device paired up with the vehicle without a problem. The problem is that every time we start the car, the bluetooth system rings as if we have received a phone call, but we haven't. We pick up the receiver and attempt to answer, but there is no call. We check the mobile phone and there are no messages or calls listed on it.

The bluetooth rings every time we start the car, once we hang up that initial call everything seems to operate as it should and we can receive calls.

Is there something we are doing wrong or something we don't understand about the Bluetooth operation? Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

Thanks!

92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

So the system on the Rogue actualy rings?

I know that whenever i turn on my Rogue, my phone makes a sound to let me know that the bluetooth connection has been established, and I get the same tone every time i turn the car off. Is there any chance this is what your hearing?

mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

i have the similar issue about that, but not quite the same, cus some time when i turn the car on. the display says in call and starts count the mins automatically. i power off the phone and power back on, everything back to normal.

Razter

Yes... I just went out to the car and ran a test.

1) Turned the ignition to on position (power to radio, but didn't start car).2) Approx. 6 seconds later the radio reads "incoming call" and the Rogue system rings.3) Press the pick up call button on the Rogue, but no call is actually there and I then verified that the mobile phone had not received any new messages or phone calls.4) Disconnected the Rogue call, and then the system seems to operate normally.

Very strange isn't it?

Razter

Seems yours is doing something unusual as well. I did call Nissan about the problem, but the support person I spoke to had no idea why this is happening and suggested that I contact our local Nissan dealer. I will probably do that this upcoming weekend.

mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

which phone do you have?

and let us know what the dealer says, mine is not every time, so they won't do anything about it..

dobby10

My phone just started doing that "In Call" thing this weekend, trying to hang up does nothing, I usually shut the car and turn it back on and it is fine.

Razter

I first tried my wife's phone which I believe is a Samsung SPH-A900. I've also tried my mobile phone which is a Samsung Upstage (M620) and it seems to do the same thing.

I think I'll try another couple of tests tonight... delete the phone from the system and try pairing again and see what happens. I'll report my results tomorrow and if it has to go to the dealer to get resolved, I'll report back with their comments or resolution.

Razter

Turns out the problem was caused by the Samsung SPH-A900 phone... so my bad , but turned out there was an easy solution to the problem. A software update was available for the mobile phone, and once it was applied, problem cured!

Return to “Rogue Forum”