Bluetooth question

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Aztec King
Car: '06 G35 Sport, Black w/ nav and technology package

Does anybody know if Infiniti will expand it's bluetooth compatible phone list as new phones become available. I was in my local Cingular store because I'm still having trouble with my Nokia 6682 and saw the new Nokia 9300. It's such a cool phone but it's not on the list from Infiniti yet.

I'm driving an 06 M35. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

jshattner

Ask the phone store if you can try one. It'll probably work. There are a ton of phones not listed by Infiniti, including my Treo 650, that work just fine.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yeah I agree with shattner.. On my Ipaq it doesnt list my Motorola V551 (now obsolete) as compatible but it always detects it...

Aztec King
Car: '06 G35 Sport, Black w/ nav and technology package

Thanks for the help. I can't figure out why Infiniti doesn't update their site when they have new phones ready for use.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Aztec King wrote:Thanks for the help. I can't figure out why Infiniti doesn't update their site when they have new phones ready for use.
Would be nice, that's for sure! Unfortunately, they seem to be quite lax about this ...

Z

jshattner

Aztec King wrote:I can't figure out why Infiniti doesn't update their site when they have new phones ready for use.
I would guess that they have no clue about the complete range of BT phones that will work with their cars. Each phone has different firmwre from different carriers. There are hundreds (?) of BT models out there. Infiniti builds their BT module to a defined BT spec. To the extent carriers and mfgrs adhere to the same spec the phone will work. If they drift apart, some or all functions may not work.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”