bluetooth problems

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
hangtime23

Hi all, I just picked up an Altima coupe 2.5s recently, and I'm loving it.

I've noticed something kinda weird with the bluetooth connectivity; occassionally, when I try to use the voice dialing to call a phonebook contact, it'll ask me for confirmation of the name of the person I want to call, and then it tries to start dialing, but the phone just disconnects and doesn't dial at all.

This seems to happen usually after 3-4 hours of the cellphone not being connected to the bluetooth system in the car.

However, if I turn my cellphone off, and back on again, the bluetooth system works just fine. I was wondering if anybody else has this same issue?

Oh, the cellphone I'm using is a Sharp 903SH...dunno if there are any settings that I need to set on it for this not to happen, I've already set the bluetooth timeout to "Never"...

phakfear
Car: 2008 Grey Altima Coupe 3.5/Prem

Hmm, I have had no problem with my bluetooth. Works perfectly and clear, people tell me they didn't even know i was on bluetooth. Connects perfectly all the time.

I think its probably the phone, I seem to read that some works better than others. I didn't even know Sharp made Cellphones, I have a Motorola E815, see if your phone is compatiable. I don't see any Sharp on this website.

Sorry dont know the Canadian site.

http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/

Sorry, couldn't be more of help.

hangtime23

Yeah, it's weird cuz it seems to always connect, like, I'll see the icon on my phone showing that it's connected to a bluetooth device whenever I get in my car, it's just that every now and then, what I described above'll happen.

Strange thing is, it's not consistent, at least not that I can tell. I got in my car this morning for the first time today, and the bluetooth worked fine...

timmyt0481
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

My work phone is a Verizon Wireless Motorola Razor V3m ... anyone know oh how to transfer the phone book or specific contacts to the car?

Verizon told me they weren't allowed to help me! lol They said to call Motorola!

hangtime23

for my phone (Sharp 903SH), when I go on a contact, there's a menu item that I can choose for "Options", under this menu, there's a submenu item that says "Send via bluetooth"...but unfortunately I've tried this and haven't gotten it to work with the nissan bluetooth system...

so nobody else has experienced the same problem I have with the phone getting cut out occasionally when dialing via bluetooth?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”