Bluetooth Phone Pairing Information

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/index.html

Yep, wish I found this earlier. Easily tell what you can and can't do with your specific cell phone + vehicle Bluetooth!

08Coupe
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

This should be a sticky!!

maxentropy

Aye, I always wondered why certain cell phones had different functionality with our OEM Bluetooth. This explains in detail what phones can do what.

Take notice to the full address book dump-- most phones will not do it. Only the newer ones do.

Have fun!

maxentropy

Bump. There is a Bluetooth thread in the General Forum that should be redirected here. I'll make a post to link here. We need this stickied.

08Coupe

Has anyone tried the new iPhone 3G yet with the bose bluetooth?

antmo0730

Has anybody tried the HTC Diamond from sprint yet? I'm on the fence because my Mogul didnt work and I dont think that HTC has changed anything with their current BT capabilities.

chris1
Car: Nissan Altima

I have been having trouble connecting my Blackberry 8830 with my 09 Altima. It worked like a charm at the dealership but once I turn off the car, the phone remained paired but the system says, "no phone found the only optina available are setuop and memo pad". This is odd since it would list it as paired. The dealer is baffled as he was able to pair and make a call from my husband's LG chocolate. Verizon was no help. Please help, this is really annoying.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

The Chocolate and the Blackberry are different interms of bluetooth pairing - you can't compare their capabilities.

Do you have the nav system or not?

Sometimes it helps to turn the phone off, unpair everything, and start from scratch.

chris1
Car: Nissan Altima

No I don't have the Nav.

maxentropy

chris1 wrote:I have been having trouble connecting my Blackberry 8830 with my 09 Altima. It worked like a charm at the dealership but once I turn off the car, the phone remained paired but the system says, "no phone found the only optina available are setuop and memo pad". This is odd since it would list it as paired. The dealer is baffled as he was able to pair and make a call from my husband's LG chocolate. Verizon was no help. Please help, this is really annoying.
Do you use Verizon or Sprint for your 8830? For some reason the 2008 No Navigation did not list the Sprint 8830, whereas the With Navigation listed both. Of course, your car is the 2009 version, but one would assume if the phone worked with the 08, should work with the 09...

just84

very nice

Arreisx
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37x

Hello! I have a 2010 G37x and I am having trouble playing music from my iPhone 7. It used to play but it has stopped. I went to the settings to connect via Bluetooth and there is no Bluetooth button available. Is that normal? Also my USB works to charge phones but it has also stopped connecting to my Spotify when it did before. Am I SOL or am I missing something? ANY help would be very much appreciated!!! Thank you!!

gromaudio
Vendor

That is all most likely related to the iOS update. The recommendation is to check with your local Nissan dealership, maybe they have firmware update for your Bluetooth to fix the compatibility issue.

dantheman1549
Car: Altima coupe 2011

I just recently bough a 2011 Nissan Altima coupe and had no trouble pairing my iPhone and making/ taking calls but I was wondering if there is a way to play music/ audio through Bluetooth. The car has the Bose sound system with the technology package/ backup camera, I tried using my iPhone to stream music but could not figure it out!

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”