Bluetooth making calls

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
CTRogue

I'm picking up my Gotham Gray Rogue SL tomorrow! I am very excited. I neigotiated everything via the internet so I already had my sales price when I got to the dealer! ($1,150 under MSRP) It has the premium and moonroof packages.

Has anyone used the Bluetooth feature? Does the caller ID show up on the radio display or does the car voice say the number or stored name of the caller?

Can you dial by saying the number to call?

How is the sound quality? Can people even tell they are on a speaker?

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!!!
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

amr40509

Right now my wife's car displays the number on the radio. I THINK that there is a good chance it will display the caller name once she programs the phone book. You can't program the phone book unless the car is in park w/ the parking brake on...so it hasn't gotten done yet ;-)

Sound quality is amazingly good on both ends of the line, people don't know they are on speaker (so tell people if you have others in the car!!) .

You can dial by saying the number to call.

CTRogue

That's awesome to know. I really can't wait to try it out. I use a bluetooth headset currently and It bothers me after a long drive.

Have you used XM yet?

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

amr40509 wrote: I THINK that there is a good chance it will display the caller name once she programs the phone book.
Just to clarify, the system does not display the caller name once you program it into the phone book. When you ask to dial a contact by name, it displays the associated phone number in the display.

-Jimmy

CTRogue

So, when there is an incoming call, what happens? Does the radio turn off and it rings? the display shows the number that is calling?

Thanks for the info!

jaywhiz21

CTRogue wrote:So, when there is an incoming call, what happens? Does the radio turn off and it rings? the display shows the number that is calling?

Thanks for the info!
Yes, when a call comes in, the radio or CD or whatever mutes, you hear a (selectable) ring, and the display shows the number of the incoming call. It can't show the name because there is no text-to-speech recognition in the system, only speech matching... When you hang up the call, the radio automatically comes back on! -Jimmy

CTRogue

Thanks for all the info Jay. I'm really excited about getting it.

Have you run into any issues with the intelikey?

jaywhiz21

CTRogue wrote:Thanks for all the info Jay. I'm really excited about getting it.

Have you run into any issues with the intelikey?
The only issue I have run into with the Intellikey is HOW MUCH MORE CAN I LOVE IT? Seriously, it is so very cool. Just keep the key in your pocket or purse or briefcase, and the car always knows who and where you are. It takes some getting used to, e.g., turning off the ignition and not reaching to retrieve your keys, but it is some seriously fun technology, and for me, works flawlessly. It's also a very fun feature when you're showing off the car: Look, no keys!

-Jimmy

amr40509

jaywhiz21 wrote:
The only issue I have run into with the Intellikey is HOW MUCH MORE CAN I LOVE IT? Seriously, it is so very cool. Just keep the key in your pocket or purse or briefcase, and the car always knows who and where you are. It takes some getting used to, e.g., turning off the ignition and not reaching to retrieve your keys, but it is some seriously fun technology, and for me, works flawlessly. It's also a very fun feature when you're showing off the car: Look, no keys!

-Jimmy
The first day we had ours, I mentioned to the wife that she would eventually forget to turn it off.

Not 2 hours later....she gets out of the car...and I had to give her the "hummhumm are you forgetting to do something"

I haven't tried it yet, but the can CAN be operated w/ the physical key too right? I was at a car rental counter this morning, and a guy came in claiming that he could open the door on his ''08 rental nissan w/ the physical key (the battery died in the key fob) but it wouldn't start the car.

jaywhiz21

amr40509 wrote:
I haven't tried it yet, but the can CAN be operated w/ the physical key too right? I was at a car rental counter this morning, and a guy came in claiming that he could open the door on his ''08 rental nissan w/ the physical key (the battery died in the key fob) but it wouldn't start the car.
Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I re-read the manual regarding the "mechanical key." Yup, it is fully functional. Don't know why your dealer had that problem...-Jimmy

CTRogue

was it easy to Pair your phone to the car? Will I be able to do this for the ride home from the dealership tomorrow? i wish I could view the full manual online!

jaywhiz21

CTRogue wrote:was it easy to Pair your phone to the car? Will I be able to do this for the ride home from the dealership tomorrow? i wish I could view the full manual online!
The pairing process took a minute... But the training part (you train it to recognize how you say numbers and words) and the phone book part took about an hour total for me. You can do that part at a later time.

You CAN get manuals online!http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs

-Jimmy

PUGrad
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

jaywhiz21 wrote:
The pairing process took a minute... But the training part (you train it to recognize how you say numbers and words) and the phone book part took about an hour total for me. You can do that part at a later time.

You CAN get manuals online!http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs

-Jimmy
The pairing was relatively easy for me... just make sure you're far enough from other Bluetooth devices. My car was in the garage and my Macbook was in the kitchen (right next to the garage) and I had a hell of a time pairing my LG Chocolate until I turned the computer's Bluetooth off.

Harveyeyes
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wicked Black/Grey Leather

My only difficulty setting up bluetooth was becasue my phone was not "beaming" the data from my phone's phonebook to the car system (it said "fail" every time i tried). Instead, I had to say each number out loud and confirm each one, which takes a while, so I maybe did 1/3 of my entire phonebook and will add others I see the need.

gazuccio

Folks...this Bluetooth is exceptional...easy to set up...call number displays...has an adress book...radio shuts off when call comes in...and the reception, clarity and conversation is fantastic!!! NISSAN got it right!!! In fact I think they have a gold mine of a vehicle...all of you are leaders by owning one of these so early...these vehicles are well built and are well eqiped for the price!!!!

intlfia

is there anyway to program a "pause" for a phone # extension, when programing-in phone numbers to G37 bluetooth phone, otherwise while the car is moving you cannot punch in extesion # when the phone number called answers.

jaywhiz21

intlfia wrote:is there anyway to program a "pause" for a phone # extension, when programing-in phone numbers to G37 bluetooth phone, otherwise while the car is moving you cannot punch in extesion # when the phone number called answers.
This is the Rogue forum, not the G37. In any case, in the Rogue, you simply say the word "pause" during your vocal entry of digits, and it inserts a pause of some duration. You can say it multiple times to increase this duration. Hope this helps on your G.

JRA81984
Car: Rogue AWD SL - Gotham Gray, Black Seats, AWD Premium

The Bluetooth is very easy to set up and only took me a minute to get it fully set up. It sounds wonderful, I immediately feel safer that I am not distracted by my phone at all and just push a button on the steering wheel. I just need to sit down and take some time to program in some numbers. I am only going to put the important ones in that I call all of the time.

intlfia

Thanks for the info, however the number called has to answer before you can enter the extension #, and that is usually after a number of rings and no one picked up.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I believe it may depend on the phone you have, but with my Samsung U600 if I receive a call from someone that is programmed into the phone, it will display the associated contact name that is programmed into the phone.

This may not work with certain other phones.

-Ed

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

I've got my Rogue now, I just wish that it had A2DP so I could stream music via bluetooth to the car speakers. Anyone find a magic way for me to do this with my KRZR?

clee666
Car: Nissan Rogue 08

EddNog wrote:I believe it may depend on the phone you have, but with my Samsung U600 if I receive a call from someone that is programmed into the phone, it will display the associated contact name that is programmed into the phone.

This may not work with certain other phones.

-Ed
Anyone else got name display working in their Nissan Rogue?I have tried many phones without success

KCS

Has anybody had the bluetooth phone feature installed by the dealer as a separate add-on? I'm looking at the Premium SL AWD package (not leather/tech) and am wondering if they can do this with the radio that comes with the Premium. I'm guessing they'd have to swap out the steering wheel, since the Premium one lacks bluetooth controls?

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Mines work, with Nokia N95 8GBYou have to send the contant information(phone number) from the phone through the bluetooth to the system, then it will display the nameIt won't work if you enter the number yourself

philipa_240sx

KCS wrote:Has anybody had the bluetooth phone feature installed by the dealer as a separate add-on? I'm looking at the Premium SL AWD package (not leather/tech) and am wondering if they can do this with the radio that comes with the Premium. I'm guessing they'd have to swap out the steering wheel, since the Premium one lacks bluetooth controls?
It's more than the steering wheel controls. The radio has to be changed as it only works with the BOSE system, then you need the bluetooth module, microphone, and the wiring. Very expensive$$$. That's over $1200 in OEM Nissan parts!

A cheaper alternative is to just by a handsfree bluetooth device like a Blueant ST3. I like my Blueant ST3, it speaks caller name/number on incoming calls. About the only thing it doesn't do is voice activated dialing but if your cell phone has this feature, then you can use it instead.

KCS

philipa_240sx wrote:
It's more than the steering wheel controls. The radio has to be changed as it only works with the BOSE system, then you need the bluetooth module, microphone, and the wiring. Very expensive$$$. That's over $1200 in OEM Nissan parts!

A cheaper alternative is to just by a handsfree bluetooth device like a Blueant ST3. I like my Blueant ST3, it speaks caller name/number on incoming calls. About the only thing it doesn't do is voice activated dialing but if your cell phone has this feature, then you can use it instead.
Holy toledo. That's a few more dollars than I was hoping to spend. :P I'll go check out the Blueant unit... too bad about the voice activated dialing, but still better than trying to fight through my tangled earphone cord and looking like a crazy person with the microphone draped over my chin (for some reason it's the only way the caller can hear me clearly through that thing). Thanks for the info!

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

clee666 wrote:
Anyone else got name display working in their Nissan Rogue?I have tried many phones without success
When adding an entry you have to transfer the entry via BT. You can't manually (i.e. say the numbers) add an entry and expect the name to show up.

clee666
Car: Nissan Rogue 08

I wasn't able to transfer contacts with my iPhone or my Blackberry. But I found out that my OLD Nokia was able to do that!So I transferred all my contacts with my Nokia and then I went in the Setup menu, and replaced the phone pairing with my Blackberry instead.Now I have name display with my Blackberry!!!

philipa_240sx

Blackberry's have a different way to transfer contacts. It's only available in the latest Blackberry phone software (V4.2???):

Go: Options => Bluetooth => Select your device => Click menu/wheel and select 'Transfer Address book'

If you have an older BB, you may need to upgrade the phone software to get this to work. I had to do this with my BB 8703e. Then I could transfer the phone book to my Blueant ST3.

philipa_240sx

KCS wrote:
Holy toledo. That's a few more dollars than I was hoping to spend. :P I'll go check out the Blueant unit... too bad about the voice activated dialing, but still better than trying to fight through my tangled earphone cord and looking like a crazy person with the microphone draped over my chin (for some reason it's the only way the caller can hear me clearly through that thing). Thanks for the info!
You may want to check out the Parrot hands free units. Some of their models have voice activated dialing.

Return to “Rogue Forum”