Bluetooth LG8100 phone new M35?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
acdiver

I currently have a non bluetooth compatible LG cell phoneI have been reading lots and lots on the board about what phones work and don't work with the M35, Verizon is suggesting the LG8100.I can not wait to PU my new M35 Thursday.

Thanks in advance for the information - If not the LG8100 suggestions thoughts!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

unfortunately it will only work with bluetooth enabled phones... If your looking for suggestions about phones, i like my motorola V551...

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I've been looking into this lately as well. I'm waiting two more weeks for my New Every Two phone from them. I'm getting the Moto RAZR V3.

The Verizon Functionality Chart shows the following: http://dts.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

The compatability charts don't show anything over the other.LG 8100 http://dts.vzw.com/pdf/LG_carkit_VX8100.pdf Moto RAZR V3 http://dts.vzw.com/pdf/Motorol...c.pdf

I was thinking about the 8100 before the RAZR came out a couple weeks ago. I have a handy place for it to go between my cup holder and the shifter. Then again, with Bluetooth, who cares where it is right?

If Verizon has it on their site then either should be fine. I just ate lunch with a friend that has a Treo 650. Paired the phone and tested. It's SWEET!

acdiver

Thanks for the input Based on the Verizon chart it appears the 8100 should work with the car. I have an e-mail into infiniti.

Fleming702
Car: M45 sport white with full aero package,stillen exhaust , injen cold air , lowered and xix 20 wheels

I have a M45, i paired it up with a LG 8100, the phone works flawlessly with the bluetooth. Only problem is that you can not transfer your phone book.

superjv1080

The Infiniti website doesn't show the LG 8100 in it's compatability list but as Fleming702 says, it works. The Infiniti site also didn't show the Palm Treo 650 but my friend's 650 worked great yesterday.

It's hard to tell now days with the Bluetooth phones. With Bluetooth being a standard, it's hard to understand why any bluetooth phone wouldn't work with a bluetooth capable NAV system.

Also, if the decision to choose the LG 8100 had anything to do with the detachable memory card, my online research about that phone showed that Verizon patched/disabled the phone from being able to move ring tones and other files over to the phone. Just like they criple the bluetooth on our phones to not be able to transfer the phone book(or any other files) to our car. They just want to make sure we pay for anything that goes on the phone.

If Infiniti picked up Verizon's business practice, we'd be buying our M just to find out the speedometer was cripled (unless we wanted to pay Infiniti money each month to enable it).

BlackBourbon
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

acdiver wrote:Thanks for the input Based on the Verizon chart it appears the 8100 should work with the car. I have an e-mail into infiniti.
I recently purchased the VX8100 from Verizon. The audio does indeed work with the M. I currently have not found a way to transfer the phonebook to the M.

For me, the voice through the speakers is a little muddy; like the speakers are under water (while driving at freeway speeds.) (Make SURE you test the phone out while on the move, not just at idle...........)

OTOH, I have not done an extensive amount of playing with the audio, other than turning the stereo volume up or down, and resetting the 'Voice Privacy' setting to 'Standard' on the phone. (A suggestion from other forums.)

But, the M recognizes the phone pretty much right away when you set connection on both ends.

Then, each time I get in the car and hit the ignition, the car connects to the phone almost immediately. When a call comes in, I hit the center button on the dash control, and it picks up right away. Same with hanging up.

(Other M owners on other forums have noted that on various phones with Bluetooth, there is a 1-2 second lag between when the button was pressed and being able to talk.) Since this is my first Bluetooth phone experience, I can't say that I've seen it before.

As for the phonebook sync, I have been told that Verizon locks the phonebook on the LG phones (most probably for security reasons; ala the Paris Hilton phonebook incident of a while back...NOT that I'm a fan, but it seemed that it was all over the news when it happened.)

The new Razr 3c is now available from Verizon, and it is on the Infiniti list. But I have heard that the lag issue is on that phone (among others) if that bothers you. Of course, the Razr is more expensive.

I didn't get the phone because it worked with the M, however, it was a nice bonus. I hope I can get the audio hammered out, because it is a nice phone. It doubles as an MP3/WMA player, and has other nice features.

superjv1080

BlackBourbon wrote:As for the phonebook sync, I have been told that Verizon locks the phone book on the LG phones (most probably for security reasons; ala the Paris Hilton phone book incident of a while back...NOT that I'm a fan, but it seemed that it was all over the news when it happened.)
Unfortunately, Verizon locks (cripples) the bluetooth not because they could care about security (ala Paris Hilton) but because they want to make sure that we have to pay them to get anything onto our phones. More of a business model than a concern for the customer. BTW, I have Verizon also. Not just bashing from the outside. I'm getting a RAZR next week anyway.

As for the phone book, you'll have to enter the info into the M manually. Part of the crippling to keep you from copying files onto your phone keeps you from transferring your phone book to the M.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”