bluetooth help

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
toneytigger
Car: 2006 qx56

Hello all ive been lurking for awhile and now i need help my bluetooth dosent work along with my volume controls i my 2006 qx56 i was thinking a fuse but i have not found one to be blown any suggestions would help greatly also my back up sonar is on the fritz as well :ohno:

marctronixx

LOL holy run on sentence batman! :p

so, what is the issue? you dont have A2DP on that model year.. meaning you cant get audio streaming through bluetooth as an option on that model, just voice calls.

so let me ask some general questions:

are you the only owner?
did the bluetooth ever work? when did it stop?
do you have an aftermarket audio video system or is this stock?

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

As for the 'back-up sonar on the fritz', is the audible beeping noise not working? The sonar buzzer might need to be replaced. I'm not 100% sure on your 2006 but on my 2004, it's directly above the instrument cluster underneath a panel. Access is easy. The part is cheap. It's a plug and play swap. It probably takes 5-10 minutes to do. As for your bluetooth issue, I have an after-market bluetooth device for phone and music so not sure about your OEM one.

toneytigger

thnx for the replys let me be clearer
1) im the second owner and yes bluetooth worked at for awhile. but now i want to use it more and phone only. i got the factory radio withXM radio.As for the sonar it was working but quit for some reason. The truck went through a hail storm so the roof was replaced and the body shop said there no components could be effected thats why i assumed that its a fuse or something

marctronixx

as mentioned, that model year did not have bluetooth music/audio streaming, only voice calls, so are you speaking about voice only calls?

things you can do: unpair, re-pair, try another phone.

there may be a tsb on your head unit.. rare but possible. give your local dealer a call with your vin handy and ask if there are any outstanding recalls/tsb specific to the head unit.

you can slso search here for those tsb's if any exist.

toneytigger

I dont think that I fully explained my situation. the cruise and bluetooth arent working. no pairing and cant even get it to self diagnose. Is there a common fuse? or are there fuses

marctronixx

oooh my apologies...

wiring runs all over the car and the can bus is a serial communications protocol, so if a harness connection is intermittent/faulty somewhere it could prevent those sensors/options from working.

nothing obvious sticks out and its difficult to diagnose over the internet.

if there was a fuse in question the radio would simply not work, not just one part (bluetooth).

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”