Bluetooth/hands free stopped working?

All things Altima Coupe.
f8sjester

Hey all,

I have a 2010 Altima Coupe with the Premium Package (no navi) which includes the in-dash screen, iPod connection, and Bluetooth connectivity. Bought the car new. . . my phone sync'd up just fine . . . made and received calls just fine through the sound system.

I just got back from a 2 week trip and noticed that the Bluetooth connectivity icon wasn't showing up on my dash-unit anymore. Pushed the 'call' button on my steering wheel and nothing. No voice prompts come through the system.

So, is there something stupid that I did to disable the Bluetooth functionality? Any thoughts on how to reset this system?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Did you check BT settings on the phone's end?

f8sjester

Yup. My phone's bluetooth settings are active and discoverable. But since the steering wheel controls won't even bring up the voice commands, I have to assume that the system is dead.

DJ_B_Easy

Im not familiar with the AC bluetooth system. I highly doubt it just crapped out and died on you. There has to be something set incorrectly or disabled. Might be worth it to break out the manual?

f8sjester

That's what I thought too, but I wandered through the FSM and the only diagnostic for the bluetooth system requires that you go through the voice command menu. But, since the steering wheel button does absolutely nothing now, I can't access any of the voice commands. The audio system diagnostic didn't show anything wrong. I'm stumped.

DJ_B_Easy

Are you still under warranty?

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Maybe it could just be the button? I'd go to a dealer and see if they could test it.

f8sjester

I should still be under warranty. I actually have an appt at the dealership in about an hour or so. I have a feeling it's the actual blue-tooth computer since, as I mentioned earlier, the system would automatically sync just fine previously. Unless there's a short in the button, but I don't think they'd use the button in-line for the power to the unit. Guess we'll just have to see what their verdict is. . .

f8sjester

So. . . the dealer techs checked the switch and the rest of the blue-tooth system. They swapped another brain from another car in the yard and decided, yup, it's the blue-tooth brain that decided to take a crap on me. Glad to know that I didn't actually do anything unintentionally wrong, but now I get to wait for the part to come in . . .

DJ_B_Easy

Thats insane, never heard of anything like it. Glad you got it figured out, and under warranty at that.

Coolcooker

I have a 2015 Altima. Same problem. Bluetooth has totally disappeared and when I press the hands free phone activation button, totally nothing happens. Any solutions? Thanks

ShawnDet
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SE

I Have a 2013 Nissan Altima SE and my Bluetooth stopped working like the above person said. Exact same thing. Steering wheel buttons don't work and Bluetooth option doesn't show on the center display anymore. I'm thinking it's also my Bluetooth module that has gone bad. I was wondering how much it cost for the inspection, part, and installment. I'm asking cause I'm not intirely sure when my warrently expires and just want to prepare myself if that is the case when I call the dealer/maintenance

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”