Bluetooth and text messaging

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
eshatilla
Car: Infiniti M35X

Just ordered my M35 X, black exterior and bourbon interior. Premium package included. My question is this: will a text message or e-mail message sent to my cell phone appear on the monitor in the same way an incoming phone number appears?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

eshatilla wrote:Just ordered my M35 X, black exterior and bourbon interior. Premium package included. My question is this: will a text message or e-mail message sent to my cell phone appear on the monitor in the same way an incoming phone number appears?
Welcome to NICO!

This is a very good question, indeed. I hope that someone with the system can try it and let us know. Unfortunately, my M is the older 2003/2004 M45, so I cannot check for you!

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Sorry, I have no clue about text messaging. I'm too busy hiding from my wife to even think about TM

eshatilla

You have just unlocked a hugh secret for me. I think I will start hiding from my wife and stop worrying about text messaging. Thanks anyway. I'm sure someone will have the answer.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is no. There is nothing in the manual stating that this is possible or not. But there is nothing in the car phone menus about text and email.

So the next questions would be....... Will you hear any kind of beep through the car (comparable to a phone ring) to let you know you just received a text msg or email. If the car can accept a ring, why no a notification. I don't think anything would come up on the screen but an audible beep would be good.

superjv1080

And BTW, welcome to the forums.

eshatilla

Thanks. It's a pleasure to be part of the forums. Lots of interesting info. Too bad we can't get the text messages, it would really be productive. Oh well, looking forward to all the other great features of the car. Will have it March 15.

superjv1080

I doubt they would work to get text messages shown on the NAV screen since there is no way for us to form a message to send back. Plus the car makers might think it would be a safety issue with the driver reading the screen (even though we read the screen for NAV. Just a thought.

I think the bluetooth capabilities are quite nice at this point having the voice call, call history, signal indicator and audio muting.

Even though the notification tone for emails and text messages would be a good thing, I think the that would be just a one way interaction where bluetooth (for mobile phones) is meant to be more of a two-way deal. Maybe we'll see more in the future as bluetooth integration trickles down and becomes more common.

eshatilla

I agree with your assessment about the current capabilities being quite nice. I do think however that being able to read a text message would be very valuable. I am a real estate agent and reading a message that may require urgent attention would be very valuable. I would not be required to return a text message but it usually means I am required to make a phone call. Hey, it would be a nice to have and I think it's probably a simple programming thing. You can be assured I won't cancel my order because of this. I am really looking forward to the car itself.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”