Blue Tooth hands free Quality issue?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I have had a chance to use my Nokia 68xx series phone with the blue tooth and any one I call says its sounds great, with the exception of some very clear road noise (that I cannot even here in the car).

However, the quality of the call on my end is very poor, muffled and hard to understand.

I am intrerested in hearing if anyone else has had, or currently has this issue. If any fixes have worked?

I'm on my phone a great deal... this would be a big help...

Thanks in advance...

TXSJaybird

There are a few fixes around. all seem to be different depending on phone models.

Try adjusting your phone levels (incoming, outgoing, etc....) and play with it. Many have reported great success with doing those adjustments.

Myself, I have a Razr, which sounds great....my only remaining problem is the LACK of call waiting thru the bluetooth. It drives me nuts...and cant figure it out..

And, yes, I have tried pushing the answer button on my phone when another call comes in....doesnt work. Errrrr!!!!

M45 Lover

Mine works perfectly with my Motorola phone

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Good morning,

I use a Sony Ericsson T616, via Cingular. Assuming I am in a good cell area, I have no problems speaking or hearing the conversation. I am assuming on your end that you have the volume turned up somewhat on your radio, as I believe this controls the volume of the BlueTooth speaker as well???? Most of my car travel is on the east coast in the Philly area.

larry.contrisciano

TXSJaybird wrote:There are a few fixes around. all seem to be different depending on phone models.

Try adjusting your phone levels (incoming, outgoing, etc....) and play with it. Many have reported great success with doing those adjustments.

Myself, I have a Razr, which sounds great....my only remaining problem is the LACK of call waiting thru the bluetooth. It drives me nuts...and cant figure it out..

And, yes, I have tried pushing the answer button on my phone when another call comes in....doesnt work. Errrrr!!!!
Jay,

My call waiting won't work either, I wind up dropping both calls if I try to take an incoming. FUNNY THING IS, in my wife's Acrua TL, when using the BlueTooth, you can take and put on hold calls, etc. Converserly, there are some features in the M's BlueTooth that work a loit better than the TL's

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Thanks for the tips, I'm going to try lowering the volume of the call; I can only do that while a call is in progress on my nokia. I've also got a new phone on order a nokia 8801 series (has anyone used one of these?)

http://www.nokiausa.com/suppor...0&y=6

Thanks for the tips, I hope they solve my clarity issues (or if nothing else my new phone shows up, it always takes months here in Canada to get anything leading edge!)

tk

TXSJaybird

TK,

Sorry if I wasnt clear....you have to tweak the adjustments on your M...not the phone. There are 3 or 4 settings on your dash ..incoming volume, outgoing volume, etc...

Try those!

Larry, im glad to hear im not the only one. As you know, im in sales too and that means my phone is always going. NOT having call waiting is a HUGE handicap for me....especially when it DROPS both calls!!

I actually am not using the bluetooth becuz of that. I have dropped too many important calls...and my clients are frustrated. SO AM I!!

If anyone can fix this..ill name my first born after them!!

My local dealer is NO help. I had to show them most of the features

tkeskic

I tried lowering the volume, it was set to 75% and lower volume did improve the quality, however you could not here very well, actualy it was a strain to have a converstion;

It also appears that if the car is not running the quality is much better...

I'm going to try a few other settings and combinations before I seek a repair. I even dropped by the dealer today and the sales guy said he had not seen this before either.

I have another phone I'm going to test also - maybe that will make a differance;

Thanks for the help thus far...

supersal04
Car: M35 Sport

I've got a TREO 650 (Verizon). It works great with the bluetooth with one exception. The phone will not keep an active connection with the car when I'm not using the phone.

If I receive a call, the system works great and the phone makes a connection with the car and allows me to answer via bluetooth. However, if I want to place a call, I have to hit the PHONE button on the dash to create a connection with the phone and then place the call. If I'm looking a phone number up on the dash and don't do it fast enough, the system disconnects from the phone. I've looked all over for a solution and the best I can come up with is that it's caused by a setting in the phone from Verizon.

Anyone else had or heard of this issue????

TXSJaybird

Supersal,

Thats a bummer man, what a pain. Hope you can figure it out...if not that would be a phone "deal breaker" for me...

Speaking of which!! my Razr and my M have now compromised in the call waiting dept.I completely turned off the call waiting on the phone and the M. Now my calls arent dropped when new ones come in.

The down side is once I usually get off a converstation, there is a message or two waiting for me.

Larry, any luck with yours? I gotta think theres an easy fix for this. Do you have the NEW Razr? Mines the previous version...

Scott in Houston
Car: M35 Sport, 996 Twin Turbo, Ford Explorer

tkeskic wrote:I have had a chance to use my Nokia 68xx series phone with the blue tooth and any one I call says its sounds great, with the exception of some very clear road noise (that I cannot even here in the car).

However, the quality of the call on my end is very poor, muffled and hard to understand.

I am intrerested in hearing if anyone else has had, or currently has this issue. If any fixes have worked?

I'm on my phone a great deal... this would be a big help...

Thanks in advance...
I'm having this issue as well. I have a Moto V551. It had no problems on my previous TL. What's also weird is that I could swear that the first few calls I made sounded ok.

guch
Car: m35

Thanks for the info I will try turning down the phone volumes. I have having trouble with most people I talk to say I sound like I am under water. I think it has something to do with air conditioning, Infiniti does,nt seem to care, it has been very disturbing

Anyone else having this trouble?

Guch

guch
Car: m35

I tried a V551 and a v3 no phone seems to work well. Most of my clienst won't even speak to me any longer. My dealer does'nt want to hear about it. I called infiniti corp, they said can't help see the dealer. Basicly it on us.

I use about 3000 minutes a month and the blue tooth feature is the primary reason I purchased the car.

I encourage all of you to complain to infiniti corp. cust. service, they told me maybe if they receive enough complaints they might have thier tech's look at the problem.

I am not happy with the ayw infiniti is handling this. I should have bought the GS300.

Guch

tkeskic

Well; there seems to be no reason that I can pin point releated to he quality issue. It seems to be much worse when my other party on the call is also using a cell phone, most land lines (if they are not using a headset) seem to be okay also;

the problem really seems to be limited to calls with other cell phones, people on head sets or on conferance gear.

Use a person to person standard phone line the quality is not bad, actually would have been okay if all the calls sounded this way.

This took me close to 100 calls to get an idea of what worked and didnt, this included having all sound sources (CD/RADIO etc) turned off when recieving a call, making a call etc.

Other blue tooth cells in the car also seems to make a differance but not much on quality - only enough to notice reduced quality - but almost noth worth the mention of it.

At the end of the day, I guess I have to live with it.

I've also tried a Motoroal V600 ZI think it was, and it had the same issues.

I'm waiting to get my new nokia any month now and will report only if there is an improvement in quality.

If anyone finds a solution, Id love to hear about it...tk

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

I don't have Bluetooth in any of my Infinitis, but my Motorolla V3 is hard to understand on my bluetooth headset. The volume is just not enough. I have not found anyone yet that is impressed with the performance of the "Razr" phone.

I just bought the stupid thing because Sydney on Alias used one

TXSJaybird

Jeff Williams wrote:.

I just bought the stupid thing because Sydney on Alias used one
HAHA, I bought mine just becuase the only other Bluetooth that Tmobile had was ugly.

I actually like my Razr, just having compatability issues with my Ms call waiting. Other than that, it works great for me.

Syndey is hot, too bad shes with a dildo. Uh oh, off topic!

tkeskic

Arg...I have to admit, I watch that show also... I purchased the Razor once also for 3 days, it went back to the dealer with a nice note – “if you every give me crap like this again - I will be buying my phones from someone else...”

They took the phone back, and I have a loaner for coming up to a year now... They cant find my new Nokia yet in Canada… its just now coming of the “pre-production” run for final test – and I’m waiting to get mine for testing.

I guess because my employer buys about 300 phones a year from them, he didn’t have an issue taking it back... (Not to mention the airtime)

I REALLY like my Nokia (which is what Sydney originally used) - and Nokia makes really good software and feature sets - Motorola is not bad, but it just feels alien to me. My wife uses the Motorola as TELUS here in Canada got into a pissing match with Nokia once, and for the longest time wasn’t selling them, recently they patched things up and now carry the low end "free" phone, that they likely should pay the client to take home with them...

I love my Nokia... not may people know but it was Nokia that invented ROAMING - there was a day that you had to stand still to use you cell or the call was dropped; Nokia actually built that part of the software to allow you to walk and talk - and therefore to drive and talk... (and in some cases crash…)

p.s. I'm not old enough to have first hand knowledge of this - just trying to avoid the dinosaur jokes!tk

larry.contrisciano

TXSJaybird wrote:TK,

Sorry if I wasnt clear....you have to tweak the adjustments on your M...not the phone. There are 3 or 4 settings on your dash ..incoming volume, outgoing volume, etc...

Try those!

Larry, im glad to hear im not the only one. As you know, im in sales too and that means my phone is always going. NOT having call waiting is a HUGE handicap for me....especially when it DROPS both calls!!

I actually am not using the bluetooth becuz of that. I have dropped too many important calls...and my clients are frustrated. SO AM I!!

TXSJaybird wrote:TK,

Try those!

Jay, I have decided that I am going to go outside to the car and take both my phone and my wifes and we are just going to keep making calls until I can figure out how tom use call waiting, etc. I think that if you can't do it by using the car's buttons, etc, I bet you can do it directly via your phone handset. PS: I do not have a Razor phone, I have a Sony Erisson.

TXSJaybird

Larry,

Guess I misread that. Interesting you have the same problem with your Sony. Dropping both calls on call waiting is the worst.

So, if its doing it on my Razr AND your Sony, im thinking its the M, not the phones??

Let us know what happens with your expirement today!

Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

I have the new i870 from Nextel. For one thing, it wont let me send my phonebook to the M...I had to manually input each person.

Then when people hear me talk they say there is a echo noise. I guess that is the speaker being to loud right?

Scott in Houston
Car: M35 Sport, 996 Twin Turbo, Ford Explorer

ttsupra26 wrote:I have the new i870 from Nextel. For one thing, it wont let me send my phonebook to the M...I had to manually input each person.

Then when people hear me talk they say there is a echo noise. I guess that is the speaker being to loud right?
What??? You're supposed to be able to send your phone book to the car?

Sam K
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37xS - Platinum Graphite/Graphite - Premium/Navigation/Technology/Sport

I'm also having incoming sound quality and volume issues with the Bluetooth connection to my Motorola V710 for Verizon Wireless service. I played around with the volume settings which helped with the low volume issue but not with the sound quality. I've asked the people on the other end if they hear me ok and they said I sound fine so I know it's just a problem with the incoming volume. My salesman told me to to re-pair the phone with the car to see if that improved things but it didn't. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a problem.

Apparently you can report problems to Infiniti through their 800 number so I'm going to give them a call. I'm also going to mention it when I go in for my first service.

bshure
Car: infiniti m45

Hello.

I have the same problem with my verizon/treo650. Hitting the "phone" button on the dash, and then the talk button on the steering wheel works okay, but you have to be quick.

I'm hoping for a firmware upgrade from verizon, infiniti, palm or someone else that will make this go away!

Bert

bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

the only solution is to turn the feature off on your phone...not a great solution, but the only other option is to not use the bluetooth in your M!We all need to pressure Infiniti to upgrade this system...at some reasonable cost...it is the only real disappointment for me so far with my first non-Saab in many years.Love the car...wish I had call waiting....

jshattner

Are you Verizon 650 users upgraded to latest Verizon firmware? I'm on a Cingular 650 and their firmware released in Jan or so works perfectly with the 650. I understood from other threads that Verizon's release late last year fixed 650 BT issues with the M.

Also, re call-waiting, it works fine of you just use the handset controls to answer the second call instead of trying it with the steering wheel. Maybe a little less convenient, but (in my case at least) the handset is always nearby either in the coin slot or (typically) sitting on top of the ashtray so it's effectively usable as a keypad device. I have far too many contacts in my address book such that they'd never fit in the 40 car entries anyhow, so I'm usually using the handset to initiate stored calling numbers or speed-dials.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

All is good with my Verizon RAZR v3c. There was a post about some settings in the DIAGNOSTIC mode to tweak the volume settings as well.

Search for DIAGNOSTIC (I think it was this web site) but be careful messing around in DIAGNOSTIC mode.

jshattner

Diagnostic mode:

Audio system OFFPress and hold "Settings" button on dashWhile holding "Settings", spin audio volume control a couple of turns in either direction

Diagnostic menu will com up and you can get to a Handsfree Volume adjustment from the menus.

Use "Back" button to get out of Diagnostic mode.

ericbumski
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport, full option

To all bluetooth phone users for M35/M45:

For me, I'm using the SAMSUNG A920 phone (service provided by Sprint)and It works awesome. Simple plug'n'play; pair the phone on the screen and off you go! Call reception is amazing!

I called the Infiniti division in California and found out that these bluetooth enabled phone I listed below tend to work better than other phones: Samsung A Series (Sprint, Verizon, Cingular) LG phones (any LG phone provided by Sprint, Verizon, cingular)

These are fairly new phones and Infiniti told me that they all have newer firmwares that is exculsive to Infiniti MY CAR phone pairing.

If you have any other questions just post me some questions.Happy driving!!

timinfla2
Car: 2006 M45 Sport, Journey, Tech, Aero

supersal04 wrote:I've got a TREO 650 (Verizon). It works great with the bluetooth with one exception. The phone will not keep an active connection with the car when I'm not using the phone.

If I receive a call, the system works great and the phone makes a connection with the car and allows me to answer via bluetooth. However, if I want to place a call, I have to hit the PHONE button on the dash to create a connection with the phone and then place the call. If I'm looking a phone number up on the dash and don't do it fast enough, the system disconnects from the phone. I've looked all over for a solution and the best I can come up with is that it's caused by a setting in the phone from Verizon.

Anyone else had or heard of this issue????
Sal, Interestingly, I was having this issue yesterday with my 650. I actually went into the Settings menu and removed all of the paired phones (I had 2) from your paired phones list.

Do the same on your Treo and shut off the car and reset your phone.

Next, turn the car back on and turn your phone back on. Get your phone to the step just before it starts actively seeking a bluetooth connection.

Initiate the connection from the vehicle and as soon as it says to, complete the last step on the phone for them to recognize eachother.

That worked for me yesterday - give it a try. It took me a few times but now i'm finally in business. Also ensure that your device is Discoverable when you're going through the setup proceedure.

-Tim

bshure
Car: infiniti m45

I have a treo650 from verizon. i have the same problem, and have been hitting the phone button on the dash to use the dial-by-voice commands.

There have been posters on this list who have carriers other than verizon, and their treo650's work fine, assuming they have the latest firmware installed. this tells me that we need new firmware from verizon!

thanks,

bert

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”