Blown introduction?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
MasterKC

I'm temped to withhold judgement, but that's not the internet way, is it?

I'm a marketeer, and I love to create "feeding frenzies", which it looks like Nissan tried to do here, but blew it. The whole point of a feeding frenzy is to stir up interest, countdown to the introduction, and then have product ready to sell when all the Customers show up. Well, they did items 1 and 2, but as of today, neither of my closest dealers have any inventory on today, the national availability day. If you don't have any inventory, it sort of negates the whole marketing plan. At this point, I'm thinking that 10% of the initial sales have already been lost to Kia. And you just know that Honda Element, Scion xB, et al are going to be having targeted sales launching now to coincide with the official Cube release date. Doesn't anyone in Nissan marketing read Sun Tzu?

MasterKC

Well, they finally got a press release out. Problem was, it was time stamps at 11:32 AM EST today, when it should have been out at 12:01 AM EST.

And it looks like they are really ignoring the second hump in their bimodal age distribution of Customers.

http://money.cnn.com/news/news...1.htm

Dalma

I'm not sure if they thought making it available on their website or having them in the dealerships as 'launching' them.

Return to “Cube Forum”