blower switch

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
maximilian

It work only when is set at 4.I guess I have problem with blower switch (manual).Did anyone had this problem?Is it hard to replace? Do you have any tips?

Thank you

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

Its the blower motor resistor located behind the glove box. It's about $20 for the part and it's two screws right under your glove box. 5 minute fix. Got the info off of maxima.org. Hope this helps. Nick

maximilian

Nick,is only one or more there. Does the resistor has specific lable or I have to test with tester to find bad one. When you said that I have more info on the maxima.org could you be more specific (if there is a post or link that addressed this issue).And just for the record it is Maxima '97.

Again, thank you.

maximilian

One more question, regarding the factory radio. To pull out the radio do I need any special tools or should I just go to dealer?

574-240sx

There should only be one resistor you need to replace. I don't have a FSM, I'm in the process of getting one. I would pay a visit to your local nissan dealer they have the part numbers and they should be able to help you out. Sorry I can't help any further.

As for the radio you don't need any special tools. You have to pop the center vents off. You have to use a starndard screw driver with a cloth to protect your dash. I still ended up with pry marks on my dash. After you pop the vents off there should be two screws at the top that need to come out. At the bottom you need to take out the change tray along with cigrette lighter. The cover should pop out after you take out two screws. The the climate control, radio, and clock all come out together. Just unplug the harnesses to everything and unscrew the screws for the radio atached at the bracket. I hope this didn't confuse you. Nick

maximilian

Nick.Thanks for info. I'll try to fix it some time this week and I let you know how it goes.

Tnanks

maximilian

It was easy, it took me 2 minutes. I paid $38 for the resistor, at local dealer.Radio is project for next week (it just too cold today).

574-240sx

Sounds good I have to replace a vehicle speed sensor and I dont want to dish out 150 for a new one. Yeah it is to cold to be working on a car. Nick

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”