Blower Motor Stuck On - 95 Altima GLE

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
gleamingsands
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima GLE

I replaced my Heater Core and Evaporator in my 95 Nissan Altima recently, had a fairly easy time for the job that it entails. Had to remove the entirety of the dash, unplug nearly every piece of wiring in the front of the car and to make things easier even removed the support cowl. Every was going pretty well, got it all back installed and things seemed to work great. This however created a new issue; my blower motor is stuck on. It only turns off if I either remove the two 20A fuses in the fuse panel or turn the car off. I've replaced the resistor, the automatic climate control box as well as the blower motor just for the sake of doing so. Nothing so far has worked, and currently I am attempting to diagnose what other means the problem might have of being created.

Interestingly I can get the blower motor to do both speeds 3 and 4, confirmed by an audible click noise in the resistor and relay, but I can't get it any lower. I may have been imagining it but I remember tapping the original climate control box itself and getting it to cycle through the other two speed settings but as soon as I would hit off it went right back to 3. It doesn't read as three, I can simply tell the difference between that setting and when I tell the box to hit the 4th speed setting.

At this point it's either a relay, the climate control box(I replaced it with a used one before I had replaced the resistor or fan so it may be broken as well,) or a short. If anybody has any ideas I'd be greatful, the blower motor high relay is suspect because I remember sort of bending the post-evaporator temperature stick that connects to it, but I'm not sure that it is a part that would cause those problems. I appreciate it, thank you.

Edit: I'm going to be going back into the dashboard and inspecting for open circuits when I go back into my heater core to replace the two seals on the inlet and outlet.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”