Blower motor rattling

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

I wouldn't say screeching, it's more of a rattle, but the blower is making itself known, and not in a good way. Not loud, but irritating, and it will soon be in use heavily for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing replacement would be ideal, but I'm hoping a shot of quality lube like Triflow will quiet it down for a while. But where it is, how do I get to it? Or don't I... The truck only has ~140K on it, so it's not high mileage.

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

Just for the record since nobody seemed to know.

It lives up under the glove compartment. Pull it and the trim above it and it's right there. A fraction of the time and trouble I expected. I just lubed it up for now, but they're stupid cheap on Amazon, like $30 or so. At that price I should have just thrown a new one in there. Do cabin filters though also if you get in there, looks like you need to pull the glove compartment for them too or jam them in and break them like was done on mine.

AlanAZ
Car: 2003 QX4 rwd

My GF had our QX4 blower replaced as it died completely, during a Phoenix summer, the repairer but it back together with the same clogged cabin filters - we're not going back there again. The clogged filters probably contributed to an earlier death of the blower. And yes, take out the glove compartment to replace.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”