Blower motor issue anyone??

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
borderline
Car: Infiniti G35x 2008 sedan
Nissan versa 2007 Hatchback

I think my blower motor is dead. Nothing happen at all at any speed. Both 15A fuses are good.
Is this a known issue with the 2007 VERSA?
Is it a big job to replace?
According to the service manual, I need to remove the entire dash parts to get access to it!! :wtf2:

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

others have had to replace the switch assembly for the defroster switch not working, but this is first I have heard of a blower motor going out.

borderline
Car: Infiniti G35x 2008 sedan
Nissan versa 2007 Hatchback

Fianally it was only due to the ICE COLD winter here and the High humidity. The motor was running the next day. Hopefully!!

gtrisfun
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatch, CVT, Conv Pkg, Sport Pkg.

not too common an issue, but glad yours worked out.

i had my blower motor replaced about year ago thru warranty on my '08. had reported on this not long after it happened. dealership techs had checked the switches and found that the motor was sticking. they were able to get it to work, but had ordered and replaced the motor within a week. and yeah, it means pulling the dash to get to it.

habu
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL HB

I also had my blower motor replaced under warranty. About a year ago on my 08. It just quit working, fuses were good.

Jape
Car: 09 Nissan Versa 1.8 S

I know this is pretty old, but I've been able to get to my blower motor WITHOUT removing the entire dash. If you take out your glove box and shine a light up above where the air filter is, you can see a round plastic piece with a wire and a little tab on it. Just push the tab, rotate the piece and disconnect the wire. The trick is getting it around your side vent tube, but with a little wiggling not too hard. I live in the country and had to fish 2 hand fulls of insulation out of my blower motor due to mice.

joefrank
Car: 2004 pathfinder sl , 2007 versa s

Thank You
You are the man. I had the same thing as you (MICE). You saved me $$$. Will say had to remove 3 relays mounted in the way. Thanks again.

joefrank

Rafaelt
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Glad I joined this Forum. I getting ready to do the job and if you look almost everywhere they tell you that you have to remove the whole dash apart, however yesterday I conducted a good assessment and I was pretty sure that It can be done without removing the dash. Thanks Frank, wish me luck.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”