Blower fan relay location and is there a resistor?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
smudge801
Car: 2008 infiniti G35x Sedan

Blower fan quit entirely a few months back. I've obtained another motor, but neither that or the old one work. 15A fuses are fine, so I went next for the relay. Got a new one from the dealer (gouge price, yes), but where TF does it go? Service manual designates it as M1 and shows it on the BCM below the inside fuse box. Took off the kick panel. Several harnesses there and a circuit board. No blue relay. Looking online, I've seen several locations cited. Can't find it.

Also, many mentions of Fan control amplifier or resistor like most cars. I see none, but there are electronics on the underside of the blower motor. Is that it or.....?

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

apparently it is on the drivers side kick panel fusebox, it appears to be on the reverse side of the fusebox so you have to loosen a couple bolts and partially remove the fusebox to get the relay...

click here and read the post #22 by SiouxFallsG35

https://g35driver.com/forums/general-te ... ent-2.html

smudge801
Car: 2008 infiniti G35x Sedan

Thanks. what a pain! Awful place to hide it. Replaced it and got blower right off. not jnow, but in the process, I aloso pulled the accessory relay. Identical relay. Found the contact socket in the center was a bit melted. So, I need another. BTW, $43 at Cochran Infitniti, but RY640 is available online for around half that. Typical. with the acc relay out, I have no power windows. I assume that's the reason,. we'll see. All else is ok. Instrument cluster light is out, but I messed with wiring inside the audio console, so must have done something wrong there. That was prioor to the relay replacement. Always something as Rosanne Rosannadana used to say.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”