Blitz Nur Spec on SR20DET -- Input

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
eniety
Car: Information Technology, Nissan, Gaming

I have heard that the Blitz S13 Nur Spec cat-back puts out more power than compared to other cat-backs on a SR20DET. Maybe I am wrong, this is just something that I have heard before. Can anyone give me any input/opinions on the Blitz S13 Nur Spec cat-back?

TIA,Anthony

SWIFT_DRIFT

Blitz = heavy

BenTaylor200

The blitz is an excellent piece of kit, its full stainless and the quality and fit are fantastic. I've got one on my '98 S14 and it is a full 80mm pipework from the cat back (I'm not sure about the S13 SR system, but the S13 CA system reduces to 65mm at the cat). However it you fit it with a large front pipe (no cats) then it is VERY loud with the bolt in silencer removed...

SWIFT_DRIFT

Blitz = still heavy

Nils
Car: road racing

SWIFT_DRIFT wrote:Blitz = still heavy

Heavy compared to what?

What is the exact weight of the Blitz NUR spec? What is the exact weight of the stock exhaust?

n

Chris69427
Car: fast cars, creative writing, film, and art

How much heavier can it be? 30 lbs? That's not much, considering a 100 lb weight reduction typically yields only a tenth in the quarter mile in a 300hp car... you're not gonna feel that, and unless your a drag racer who needs every tenth he can get to win a race, what's the big deal?

Isn't the Nur spec really loud? Too loud to be comfortable in a daily driver? Just wondering... how does it compare to the Apexi N1 and N1 dual decibal-wise?

Daunttless

street racers need everyth tenth too. : )

SWIFT_DRIFT

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HEAVY AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~!!11

eniety
Car: Information Technology, Nissan, Gaming

SWIFT_DRIFT, so it is heavy? :rolleyes

BenTaylor, Thanks. Any complaints?

Chris, I have heard that it is very loud on NA, but a turbo will be my silencer.

Does anyone have any input about power? Would anyone recommend something else besides the Nur Spec on a S13 SR20DET?

Thanks,Anthony

Nils
Car: road racing

SWIFT_DRIFT wrote:AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HEAVY AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~!!11

?

I can understand that it is a little heavier because it is made completely out of stainless steel but I wonder how much heavier than other aftermarket exhausts. Weight is a concern for me.

Does anyone have data on this?

tia,nils

SWIFT_DRIFT

lol you guys are funny. all i said it was heavy...did i ever say the extra weight made it bad? nooooooo....not once in my posts did i say the blitz was bad...please dont assume and put words in my mouth.

SWIFT_DRIFT

In my opinion the blitz has a great jspec exhaust look, i just would not buy it because i would want a lighter than stock exhaust, thats all.

BenTaylor200

I got the Blitz cos I wanted a stainless system, mild steel and aluminised(sp) steel don't tend to last more than a couple of years in crappy UK weather, if I have to carry a bit of extra weight in exchange for an exhaust that will pretty much last forever then so be it...

Like I said, with a 3" front pipe, no cats and the bolt in silencer removed is is very loud (I have a '98 200sx so SR20DET as standard), definitely too much for long journeys, however the extra silencer does a good job at quieting it down.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Its not that loud w/o the silencer...

Ace
Car: S14

If Blitz is heavy then what exhaust is lighter than strock, in the 500-650 range?:confused: What would you guys recommend?

killjoy

I have the blitz on my s14 and I also have the 3 inch test pipe and blitz downpipe, HPI turbo manifold and turbo outlet and mine aint too loud. I had the HKS Hiper when I was NA and it was louder than all that I have now. I hate showoffy people but if you have a fast car, it doesn't hurt to let em' know!

SM_s14

It is NOT heavy. I just took off my stock exhaust and the blitz is quite a bit lighter than the stock exhaust. SWIFT_DRIFT, I don't know where you get your info but you are wrong. It's crazy that anyone who picks up the nur spec R calls it heavy when compared to the stock POS.???

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”