Blinding headlights,,what to do?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
trellaine
Car: 2010 VersaHatch SL/Nav package

I have a 2010 versa hb. I have noticed in the past year or two terrible blindness by quite a few cars headlights or lamps.

Any suggestion what to do to help this issue?

The rear view mirror I can deal with BUT what bout drivers side mirror. Sometimes it's so bad and annoying I end up moving the mirror but of course this doesn't work because the car either gets closer or further.

Any ideas?

SGT Geardo
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

I just adjust the mirror all the way down. You will loose your vision for that area but it keep the headlights out of your eyes to see forward. You can always turn your head to check your blind spot if you need to change lanes.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

DIY window tint. Try http://www.windowtint.com/ OR http://www.lamin-x.com/# There are a few car brands (BMW) that have blue tinted side mirrors.

trellaine

I found out the city police don't allow tinting of side mirrors etc. So I will just have to try and adjust the side mirrors manually.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

do you have window tint on the Versa? When I bought my Versa (2014 4dr) and drove it home from the dealer in the evening, I was sure blinded by a ton of lights... I personally don't like driving in a 'fish bowl' so I had the windows tinted that same week. I had limo tint on the rear glass, rear passenger windows and 'dark' on the driver and passenger windows... no more blinding affect from other vehicles....especially when a 4x4 truck pulls up behind me at a traffic light - those lights don't affect me when I look in the rear view mirror.

My Versa is silver with black interior, so I get protection from the sun during the day as well from the tint :dblthumb:

trellaine

Very nice! Your very lucky. I can't tint windows here in Vancouver :( I adjusted the side mirrors but it's a pain. Mirrors aren't in the correct position really. But I can't stand those bright lights.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

trellaine wrote:Very nice! Your very lucky. I can't tint windows here in Vancouver :( I adjusted the side mirrors but it's a pain. Mirrors aren't in the correct position really. But I can't stand those bright lights.

Thanks for sharing the pic.
that's too bad...how about going with a 70% tint?? it practically looks like there is no tint on the windows. A few have done it and have noticed a big difference, while being stealthy. I once put 70% on my front windshield of my E Class and nobody could tell the difference. It really stopped the sunset glare that we have in Southern Cali -- during rush hour traffic. I'll have to find a picture to show you the difference. the cops didn't even look twice.... :chuckle:

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

I found some of my old pix of my E class with the 70% tinted windshield, so just imagine having 70% all around the car....it'll look stock, but will keep the glare and some heat out of your car...

Front view of windshield tinted

direct view of sun from front windshield - glare was decreased dramatically

comparison views from tinted windshield to side windows rolled down

tinted side window - rolled up

trellaine

wow thanks!! hmmm was just thinking, there has to be people here tinting their windows lol, otherwise why would there be services to install it ......I was just referring to a direct reply to an email I sent the traffic department at the local police here in Vancouver.

I will have to do a bit more investigation :)

Good to know that I should ask for 70% tint. Because I have no idea. :) Thank u

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

I'm glad to provide some insight :bigthumb:

trellaine

Yes indeed. Every once in awhile someone posts in the forum :) im glad i still get the notifictions lol

I was reading up on the tinting law here in BC and I guess they claim police officers want to be able to see inside the car and see the person etc. Without having obstructions.

gosh if the 75% tint is hardly noticeable I cant imagine the police pulling over a 46yr old silver haired male driving a 2010 Nissan Versa HB lol

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

I agree...the cops have 'more important' things to worry about than pulling over Versas :biggrin:

I have dark tint on my Versa AND I haven't put on my license plates as of yet -- I've had the car since March of this year....still got the dealer plates.... On the other hand, I'm extra cautious when I'm driving my M.

I enjoy getting in and out of my Versa and seeing the looks from other people...I'm about 6'3" tall, about 220 lbs and will drive around with my family in it.... The Versa can accommodate all of us...plus finding parking is a breeze with the Versa!!!

trellaine

Yeah, my 2010 has been pretty good. I had foglights installed a couple yrs ago lol. I don't even drive much. I live in the city. 30,000km=19,000 miles in 3-4 yrs. hahaha

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

I was able to take some shots today....Limo tint...

rear view with Limo Tint

Return to “Versa General Chat”